Newcastle United vs Everton, Tuesday 25/03/14 @ 7:45pm (Not on TV)

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We won't lose

I hear ya. Anyone who sees a loss as a step closer to Pardew going, never lose, whatever the result. Amarite! :pow:

:lol: nah, it's more that I've not seen us lose at SJP, so I'm confident my record remains intact

:okay:

Can't see owt but a spanking off of the scouse mackems myself... but fuck it, I believe in you, make it happen. :indi:

Everton never sell out their allocation here although last season was also midweek just after Xmas and the year before (Ryan Taylor wondergoal) was the Saturday dinner time kick off on Sky. They still usually bring decent numbers though.

I'd actually forgotten about this match until an hour ago. Just can't get motivated about it at all. This has been without doubt the most tedious season since 90/91 when we seemed to draw 0-0 every week.

Cash turnstiles tonight.

Fairly surprised since Palace was sold out. Guess it is a weeknight.

The 2 turnstiles are Leazes Level 7 so guess Everton won't have as many up as Palace did on Saturday.

Wait. There aren't 70000 Everton fans coming?

Rolls Eyes Smiley thingy.

They're usually quite well supported up here and i'd expect them to have about 2K minimum usually, perhaps not tonight?

Tonight is the first away of the season that hasn't sold out. Probably with it being midweek just before pay day. And our shit away form.

Fancy a score draw tonight. If you don't score at least one set piece against us I will be staggered.

:spit:

Always love a night time game under the floodlights, especially against decent opposition. Hoping for a good game, knew what to expect with Palace and how they would set up to frustrate but this is a totally different game. Could go either way this but think a draw might be most likely outcome. Really would love 3 points here though.

Referee: Lee Mason (Lancashire)

Assistant Referee: Steven Child (Kent)

Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick (County Durham)

4th Official: Craig Pawson (South Yorkshire)

Beswick from Billingham, County Durham, hopefully get a dodgy Cisse goal

Billingham is Boro though, he'll more likely disallow something that should stand for us.

mackem if ive ever seen it. Look at his record in the last 2 seasons...

Sunderland 1:0 Man City

Sunderland 2:1 Newcastle

Everton 0:1 Sunderland

West Brom 1:0 Newcastle

Newcastle 1:1 Southmptn

Man City 4:0 Newcastle

Tottenham 2:1 Newcastle

Newcastle 3:0 Wigan

Seeing as Cabaye's sale has apparently rendered the task of eclipsing Everton and Manu insurmountable (despite the fact we've got them both to play at home), I just hope it's an entertaining game with a good performance. It could easily be a decent spectacle. Quite looking forward to it.

I'd play Haidara instead of Dummett tonight, Dummett was blowing out of his arse after an hour on Saturday, kept standing with his hands on hips to get his breath back when we were up the other end of the pitch

Aye, I don't see the point in interchanging our young lads constantly if they don't hit the ground running right away. Santon's has been given his fair shot at it and, for a year and a half or so, has looked like a big bag of nowt. Now let Dummett have his shot till the end of the year. One of the three needs to be out on loan next season if we're serious about any of them becoming our long-term LB.

Dummett shouldn't be dropped after a clean sheet performance, like. The shirt is his and should remain his until the end of the season IMO, unless he has an absolute stinker of a game. He's gradually improving.

Dummett offers nothing going forward, I'd much rather see Haidara start if given a choice.  Dummett is a good enough defender but our team is too one paced and could do with more or some width and Haidara is more likely to provide that.

Dummett offers nothing going forward, I'd much rather see Haidara start if given a choice. Dummett is a good enough defender but our team is too one paced and could do with more or some width and Haidara is more likely to provide that.

He's scored one, like. :pow:

He's still not played that much though. Like I say, I don't see the point in giving them half a stab at it; let them have a longer run in the side. Santon got that. Dummett's inclusion is hardly going to jeopardise our short-term 'goals'. And, call me old-fashioned, I'd like to see a local lad flourish.

Mike Jones bottling his return since the City game then?

Krul; Yanga-Mbiwa, Williamson, Coloccini ©, Dummett; Sissoko, Anita, Tioté, Gouffran; de Jong, Cissé.

Lol hatem on the bench as per

Two games in four days, just returned from injury etc. He could have got a hat trick and still wouldn't have played today.