Newcastle United 0 - 3 Everton - 25/03/14 - post-match reaction from page 30

Rich

There's a big difference between expressing annoyance in the heat of the moment and getting on players' backs.

MYM, for example, had several moments when 'ah, ffs man' was the politest thing shouted but what are you meant to do when a ball is played to a player who fails to do the basics and trap it then lets it run out of play.

Guest reefatoon

There's a big difference between expressing annoyance in the heat of the moment and getting on players' backs.

MYM, for example, had several moments when 'ah, ffs man' was the politest thing shouted but what are you meant to do when a ball is played to a player who fails to do the basics and trap it then lets it run out of play.

clap really enthusiastically and ask him for a wave.  It's what real fans do.

That part is the worst. I hate it, sounds so loud to the point i feel sorry for the player making the mistake, shouldn't be like that at all. Every player can miss control a pass or take a bad touch, we somehow manage to turn every little error into a massive mishap.

Guest reefatoon

It is terrible showing emotions at a match. We all know we should be like this for the full 90 minutes no matter what.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w78/fishbiscuit_photos/Finale%20Prep/SqueeClap.gif

Blaming the fans for getting on the players back, is  just another way for Brett of paper over his cracks.

How many times have you used that now in the space of a week? :lol: :lol:

Your avatar :smitten:

:thup:

Best representative of Brazil the world has seen. Humble, intelligent, talented and liked, basically everything Pardew isn't.

Guest neesy111

Blaming the fans for getting on the players back, is  just another way for Brett of paper over his cracks.

How many times have you used that now in the space of a week? :lol: :lol:

Your avatar :smitten:

Best representative of Brazil the world has seen. Humble, intelligent, talented and liked, basically everything Pardew isn't.

He's my sporting idol.

That was my last match before I go to Brazil and wish I hadn't bothered going to see it. To be fair to Everton they were much better than us, clinical and caught us on the counter attack. I think it quite disappointing that we lack any creativity as a team or idea's from players. Much of the game was us passing the ball left to right and Everton just waited for a poor pass to intercept.

For the first goal it reminded me on the Anichebe one when they won 2-1 last season as Anita had the decision to make and close down or leave a simple pass for Lukaku. Unfortunately Collocini slipped and that left a huge space for Barkley to run into. I suppose Mbiwa could have made sure that we wouldn't be left exposed by either winning the ball or giving a freekick away.

Dummett is a limited player and often resorts to a long ball hoping that one of the attackers is near to where it will land. Deulofeu had the beating of him pretty much every time he ran at him and if it wasn't pace, it was to out skill him. Gouffran did try and support him by tracking back, but its hard to see if it is his natural game. He struggled to take players on and often looked for the easy pass. He did have a cracking volley that just went over.

De Jong I'm not impressed with, but suppose he is adapting to the league. He wants to take that extra touch or a bit more time on the ball when he won't get it. He would turn into defenders and he doesn't work well with Cisse. They were either right next to each other or would leave the ball thinking the other would go for it. I thought Cisse had a decent game, tried to create chances and was good on the ball considering he was the only outlet for most of the game.

Sissoko seems to get a hard time on here, but if its not relying on Ben Arfa then the only option we have is for him to run with the ball and use his strength to beat 2, 3 or 4 players. Quite staggering to watch him surrounded by 4 Everton players as there was no support from our team before the ball went out for a throw in.

Anita should have scored after some lovely skill by Ben Arfa and at 78 minutes it would have been an excellent lift. He is a very tidy player, keeps it simple and did some great link up play in the first half. I didn't really notice Tiote, but he at least showed for the ball.

I'm glad I have the distraction of the World Cup this summer because watching last night there is a mammoth task to rebuild the squad ahead of next season.

Notice that Everton left a man on the half way line when we had a corner. We never do that

And subsequently scored on the counter from our corner.

I don't understand the concept and I refuse to acknowledge it. - :pardsgrin:

All Everton's goals was a result of us attacking then being caught. Pardew will be furious with that considering how negative he is, can imagine him thinking we were too attacking :anguish:

That "tightening up" he said he wanted to do pre-match worked a treat. Top management.

Guest neesy111

All Everton's goals was a result of us attacking then being caught. Pardew will be furious with that considering how negative he is, can imagine him thinking we were too attacking :anguish:

That "tightening up" he said he wanted to do pre-match worked a treat. Top management.

Unless he was trying to bluff Everton....

:yao:

Pards cant go there and tighten it up for them :lol:

I'm sure Pards had them adequately drilled and prepared. :lol:

Really the Pards bashing has gone way over the top. Analysing  every word of his pre match presser ffs :lol:

Pards cant go there and tighten it up for them :lol:

I'm sure Pards had them adequately drilled and prepared. :lol:

Really the Pards bashing has gone way over the top. Analysing  every word of his pre match presser ffs :lol:

Safety smilies for Ian?

Notice that Everton left a man on the half way line when we had a corner. We never do that

To illustrate how dangerous Everton thought we were from our set pieces, in the second half one of their players went to the half way line to talk to their manager just before we took a corner. He was still talking to their manager when we took the corner.

To illustrate how dangerous Everton thought we were from our set pieces, in the second half one of their players went to the half way line to talk to their manager just before we took a corner. He was still talking to their manager when we took the corner.

:lol:

On the flip side, Delofeu's delivery was delish, so much dip/pace on it.