Southampton 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 29/03/14 - post-match reaction from page 33

Rich

Ando still refusing to have a go at Pardew. Don't think there's any doubt that Total Sport can only go so far when it comes to criticising the club and regime.

They are scared that they might get banned by the club.

Guest neesy111

Someone asked about Pardew. Anderson: "This is a manager who took us to 5th two years ago."

Mike Walker, George Burley

2 shite managers that had 1 season wonders.

"This is a manager who took us to fifth, there wasn't too many complaining then. I don't know whether or not he'll come under pressure because, who else is gonna come here and work under Mike Ashley and the restraints Pardew works under? I don't think he will come under pressure.

I think if there's many more performances like today, he'll come under scrutiny - no doubt. He'll get fan pressure, of course."

Anderson. :lol:

I was.

Same. I remember all season commenting on how lucky we were and how we'd fluked our way there

Going on about "happy to get beat if you put a shift in" again.

If I worked high up at BBC Newcastle, I'd be cringing hearing that on my radio station. This is meant to be elite sport, not a school fucking sports day.

Just support Gateshead for now

How did you rate Pardew today?  Did all he could, not his fault, etc?

If the players cba to even track their men then what can he do?

Take Ben Arfa off, when he was probably the only one doing that. Duh.

The energy levels were low.  The team have been rested but looked 2nd best.  It's not good enough, that performance.  We come up against a side who gave us a really hard time.  We was energyless.  We have to take it as a group, we were 2nd best.  We won't pick up another point if we play like that.  We're not fretening the other goal, if you don't freten the other goal you're on the back foot.  We've played for about free minutes.  I'm far from comfortable justifying that performance.  We're under no elusions and nothing happened today to change our thoughts about nest season.  We lacked process today.  We've got to have that fret.

Pardew;

"As poor a performance as we've seen all season. Poor energy levels after midweek v Everton - players had been rested. Not good enough for the fans who travelled down. Players need to care more and show more belief. Again - blaming no energy - 2nd best. If we play like that in our remaining games - we'll not get another point. Lack of a goal threat which they will try to address in training this week. Ashley (and the club) under no illusions of what needs to be done in the summer - today has not changed that. Elliott did well - Anita worked hard - everyone else 'No'. Didn't look as if we knew how to score a goal"

The energy levels were low.  The team have been rested but looked 2nd best.  It's not good enough, that performance.  We come up against a side who gave us a really hard time.  We was energyless.  We have to take it as a group, we were 2nd best.  We won't pick up another point if we play like that.  We're not fretening the other goal, if you don't freten the other goal you're on the back foot.  We've played for about free minutes.  I'm far from comfortable justifying that performance.  We're under no elusions and nothing happened today to change our thoughts about nest season.  We lacked process today.  We've got to have that fret.

:lol:

Pardew;

"As poor a performance as we've seen all season. Poor energy levels after midweek v Everton - players had been rested. Not good enough for the fans who travelled down. Players need to care more and show more belief. Again - blaming no energy - 2nd best. If we play like that in our remaining games - we'll not get another point. Lack of a goal threat which they will try to address in training this week. Ashley (and the club) under no illusions of what needs to be done in the summer - today has not changed that. Elliott did well - Anita worked hard - everyone else 'No'. Didn't look as if we knew how to score a goal"

Wind up surely?

Guest strongbow69

Pardew;

"still lookin for a formula", is that the science he goes on about?