Lee Charnley

Dave

I knew he was out of his depth, but I wasn't really sure how inexperienced he was.  I was wondering exactly what a "football secretary" did, so had a search and found a job description from another club.

 The completion of player registration and contractual documentation in accordance with all governing body regulations.

 The organisation of home fixtures, managing pre-match preparations, match day operations and post-match reporting.

 Organisation of team travel and accommodation requirements for all away fixtures.

 Liaison with all football authorities and attendance when required at various meetings.

 Administration of the Club’s private medical insurance scheme for players.

 Administration of the FA’s ‘Whereabouts’ system reporting daily to the FA and liaising fully with players and the Club’s medical staff in order to ensure compliance.

 Maintenance of player disciplinary records.

So he was literally just a secretary.  He booked hotels and buses, and filled in forms, then suddenly got promoted to Managing Director.  :lol:  No wonder he's made such a cockup of it.

Absolutely insane this bloke has kept his job. Rafa reckons he can walk all over him I reckon.

Not sure I could see any other outcome though really. Unless Ashley wants to be known as the man in charge, which he clearly doesn't, he needs Charnley. And after keeping Rafa he's hardly going to leave now.

Absolutely insane this bloke has kept his job. Rafa reckons he can walk all over him I reckon.

He was a secretary before and he'll go back to being a secretary again. It's absolutely incredulous to think last season we had this tit and Carver running the club alongside advice from Bob Concur. We should have been relegated years ago.

Telegraph Sport understands there is a chance Newcastle will bring someone in to help Charnley with the day-to-day running of the club, but Ashley wants to remain loyal to the man he promoted from football secretary to MD following Derek Llambias’ resignation.

Telegraph Sport understands there is a chance Newcastle will bring someone in to help Charnley with the day-to-day running of the club, but Ashley wants to remain loyal to the man he promoted from football secretary to MD following Derek Llambias’ resignation.

:lol: Ashley would rather keep the little man around with zero job responsibilities than admit he was wrong in promoting him

He also blamed Benitez for part of our relegation. Hes as clueless as the rest.

Did he? that's terrible if true. Where is the source of this?

Freddy Shepherd he's on about.  He said it on Talksport, I believe?

was at some end of season youth league awards do over the weekend as his kid plays for one of the teams.

towards the end  of the night as the alcohol started to set in, his missus got an absolute barrage of abuse from one of the other parents.

coward himself was probably hiding.

was at some end of season youth league awards do over the weekend as his kid plays for one of the teams.

towards the end  of the night as the alcohol started to set in, his missus got an absolute barrage of abuse from one of the other parents.

:lol: Get in.

:lol: Get in.

Doesn't sit well with me, when wife's and kids get involved (unless it's Pardews). Charnley is incompetent, but it's clearly Mike Ashleys fault he's got the job.

That's pathetic. No room for it.