Moyes or Martinez?

Belfast Mags
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One thing I will say, Martinez never had Wigan looking like a PL side, so he isn't what he's being made out to be.

Moyes is easily the more proven manager. In an ideal world you'd want someone more attacking but I'm not convinced Martinez is any sort of Keegan replica as some would have you believe.

f***, it's tough being so right so much of the time.

:lol:

Moyes is more proven.

Martinez is not Keegan.

Bold stuff there.

What do you think is going wrong with Everton this season? The dropoff in league performance is quite steep; in the couple or so games I have seen it looked like the side is completely bereft of confidence, but I suppose there's more than that.

Wigan looked good a lot of the time, they just lost loads of games.

Mainly because they couldn't defend and passed the ball with no purpose of trying to score most of the time, coincidentally the same problems Everton are having

suggested with everton mate we go for a job share thing where we swap martinez and moyes every season, one season of martinez doing his first season thing, then moyes in for a season to shore up defense, then back to martinez.

Guest waterbottle

Funnily enough, just like LVG, Martinez too has recently started going for a hoof it to Lukaku and hope game.

Moyes never fell that low......

Guest firetotheworks

One thing I will say, Martinez never had Wigan looking like a PL side, so he isn't what he's being made out to be.

Moyes is easily the more proven manager. In an ideal world you'd want someone more attacking but I'm not convinced Martinez is any sort of Keegan replica as some would have you believe.

Fuck, it's tough being so right so much of the time.

Until the end there is no end, Ronnie.

Guest waterbottle

Funnily enough, just like LVG, Martinez too has recently started going for a hoof it to Lukaku and hope game.

Moyes never fell that low......

Wasn't he doing it with Felliani?

Yes, but it wasn't his primary plan for an entire game

Guest firetotheworks

That's simply not true like. He had Everton playing in a few different ways over the years and one of those ways was playing long ball football.

I think they are both fairly decent managers.

Martinez is having a hard time at the moment but I respect his philosophy.

Moyes would never work as Newcastle manager. Too defensive.

I was never sure if Martinez was a good manager or not, it was hard to know with Wigan and it still is with Everton TBH. But when I hear him talk about football he seems one of the most intelligent and positive managers I've ever heard, so I choose to believe he's got something about him. A bad season doesn't mean he's not a good manager.

Martinez needs to bite the bullet and realise that like how Allardyce needs an attacking coach to help him, he needs a defensive one. Moyes had drilled them into one of the best defensive units in the league, but now he's gone, and in their first year, they were still good defensively.

Due to this mixture, they were pretty much near the top

And now... they aren't

Honestly, I rate Koeman much higher than Martinez, and Moyes as well

Christ, do people every learn. This is a message to everybody on this forum. STOP f***ing JUDGING MANAGERS ON ONE SEASON. I wouldn't be surprised if Koeman had a bad season next season either. It happens every season. Some team has a good season. All of a sudden their manager is a brilliant manager. The next season they struggle and people then think he's a s*** manager. I've been consistent in my views on Martinez that I wasn't going to call him a brilliant manager based on last season given his past achievements and I think I've been proven right so far

This isn't Koeman's first good season, he was brilliant with Feyenoord too

Feyenoord play in a pub league.

Guest waterbottle

I was never sure if Martinez was a good manager or not, it was hard to know with Wigan and it still is with Everton TBH. But when I hear him talk about football he seems one of the most intelligent and positive managers I've ever heard, so I choose to believe he's got something about him. A bad season doesn't mean he's not a good manager.

Martinez needs to bite the bullet and realise that like how Allardyce needs an attacking coach to help him, he needs a defensive one. Moyes had drilled them into one of the best defensive units in the league, but now he's gone, and in their first year, they were still good defensively.

And now... they aren't

Christ, do people every learn. This is a message to everybody on this forum. STOP f***ing JUDGING MANAGERS ON ONE SEASON. I wouldn't be surprised if Koeman had a bad season next season either. It happens every season. Some team has a good season. All of a sudden their manager is a brilliant manager. The next season they struggle and people then think he's a s*** manager. I've been consistent in my views on Martinez that I wasn't going to call him a brilliant manager based on last season given his past achievements and I think I've been proven right so far

PSV and Ajax......

It's not a pub league but there disparity in Eredivisie renders it almost impossible to judge the worth of most that operate there.

While Koeman did a fine job last season he also had the fortune of inheriting 3 of the Netherlands starting back 5.

Moyes wins games and finishes in European places, that's the only reason he wouldn't work as Newcastle manager.

Pardew was hailed as a hero because he finished 5th with defensive football. Moyes's style is much more positive.

And now... they aren't

PSV and Ajax......

Ajax got beat by Dnipro last night

Moyes wins games and finishes in European places, that's the only reason he wouldn't work as Newcastle manager.

Pardew was hailed as a hero because he finished 5th with defensive football. Moyes's style is much more positive.

Doesn't always finish 5th. Had some shite seasons at Everton.

Off the top of my head he finished 4th, 5th at least twice, 6th at least twice and 7th and 8th.

Don't kid yourself for a second. He did a brilliant job at Everton with no money to spend. If he'd been manager of NUFC from 2002-2013 there'd be a statute of him going up.

Hey, I'm saying he's a good manager. I'm just saying that his negative approach would count against him.

One bad season and he would be under massive pressure. Not from Ashley but the fans.