Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tiote plays like a dickhead and I hope, nay pray, he's our big summer sale in a couple of months. Sick of seeing him trot around like he's big bad Bluto from the Popeye cartoons whilst the reality is that he's providing zero real protection for the defense - his positioning, fitness and tackling are all laughably pathetic when he's having to chase back or play catch up - but that won't stop him strolling about chest pumped after winning a useless 50-50 body strength challenge when there was no "fret" in the first place. Sick of seeing him frequently completely ignore a teammate in a better position because the pass would be too obvious for his royal highness to play and he'd much rather try a s*** pass to e.g. someone on his blind side. Sick of his twists and turns which he often does just for the sake of it, going so far as to stop forward momentum just to turn back and "beat" his man who didn't realise a player would be so thick as to stop running forward with the ball when the space is there. Sick of his f***ing idiotic s*** egotistical blasts from 30-40 yards out, every other player in the league consistently spreads the play when they receive the ball in these positions so that the team can continue to attack (especially if there are numbers forward) but this w***** will consistently blast the ball into row Z because his ego warrants it. Even Scholes and Lampard at their absolute peaks would pass the ball 9 times out of 10 in these positions, and here we have Cheik thinking he has a divine right to have a pop at goal.

Have absolutely no doubt in my mind that most of this is down to Pardew filling Tiote's big, empty head with utter s*** about him being a warrior, a playmaker, a goalscoring Essien, etc etc, and more importantly the blame lies entirely with Pardew for not clamping down on this. But we're at a stage now where I doubt it can be reversed, and to be quite frank I no longer care if it can be.

We played with 3 in central midfield and we didn't boss anything as Ronaldo said.

I know he charges around and pumps his chest but that doesn't make him a great player.

There really is no middle ground around here. He isn't a great player, but he's nowhere near as bad as some keep droning on about. Someone said earlier that Tiote can't pass. That is absolute bollocks. He's not Michel Platini, but he can put the ball about. We have gripes with the way we play, and we've all seen how static we are going forward. Tiote is a limited player, but he isn't the only reason we get caught out in possession or give the ball away.

This basically - seem to be a few people with a Tiote agenda knocking around.

We played with 3 in central midfield and we didn't boss anything as Ronaldo said.

I know he charges around and pumps his chest but that doesn't make him a great player.

There really is no middle ground around here. He isn't a great player, but he's nowhere near as bad as some keep droning on about. Someone said earlier that Tiote can't pass. That is absolute bollocks. He's not Michel Platini, but he can put the ball about. We have gripes with the way we play, and we've all seen how static we are going forward. Tiote is a limited player, but he isn't the only reason we get caught out in possession or give the ball away.

This basically - seem to be a few people with a Tiote agenda knocking around.

Sure we could do worse no one is arguing that I just don't view him as an integral part of the team.

Tiote plays like a dickhead and I hope, nay pray, he's our big summer sale in a couple of months. Sick of seeing him trot around like he's big bad Bluto from the Popeye cartoons whilst the reality is that he's providing zero real protection for the defense - his positioning, fitness and tackling are all laughably pathetic when he's having to chase back or play catch up - but that won't stop him strolling about chest pumped after winning a useless 50-50 body strength challenge when there was no "fret" in the first place. Sick of seeing him frequently completely ignore a teammate in a better position because the pass would be too obvious for his royal highness to play and he'd much rather try a s*** pass to e.g. someone on his blind side. Sick of his twists and turns which he often does just for the sake of it, going so far as to stop forward momentum just to turn back and "beat" his man who didn't realise a player would be so thick as to stop running forward with the ball when the space is there. Sick of his f***ing idiotic s*** egotistical blasts from 30-40 yards out, every other player in the league consistently spreads the play when they receive the ball in these positions so that the team can continue to attack (especially if there are numbers forward) but this w***** will consistently blast the ball into row Z because his ego warrants it. Even Scholes and Lampard at their absolute peaks would pass the ball 9 times out of 10 in these positions, and here we have Cheik thinking he has a divine right to have a pop at goal.

Have absolutely no doubt in my mind that most of this is down to Pardew filling Tiote's big, empty head with utter s*** about him being a warrior, a playmaker, a goalscoring Essien, etc etc, and more importantly the blame lies entirely with Pardew for not clamping down on this. But we're at a stage now where I doubt it can be reversed, and to be quite frank I no longer care if it can be.

Incredibly well put.

:clap:

We played with 3 in the middle, a dozen times tops. From August to January it was damn near exclusively 4-4-2. Switching formations in the second half of the season.

Incredibly well put.

Couldn't agree more but prepare for the shit storm you will get for saying this

Colback's a clever little player, but without having seen that much of him, he looks like he isn't the quickest. Similar to Seb Larsson really and one of the reasons bigger clubs steer clear of these types. Tiote has the athleticism to stay with some of the better midfielders in the league and for such a donkey his ball retention stats are pretty good.

Incredibly well put.

Couldn't agree more but prepare for the s*** storm you will get for saying this

Well - it is a load of bollocks so I wouldn't be surprised.

:thup:

Absolute tosh.

Absolute tosh.

If you take out the hyperbolic words I think most of this is on point.

I'd love to know if a lot of these are Pardles tactics mind

Guest thenorthumbrian

Colback is a reasonable player, he would make a decent addition to the squad. But not instead of some higher profile signings. 

Absolute tosh.

If you take out the hyperbolic words I think most of this is on point.

I'd love to know if a lot of these are Pardles tactics mind

Some of it is on point, some of it is missing the point. Tiote isn't a brilliant footballer or a bad one. To replace him you'd have to buy someone who can do what he does better. Anita is too small and lightweight, and my concern with Colback would be his pace. Other than that I quite like Colback.

• 3 weeks later...

@lee_ryder

Understand #nufc hoping to clinch Colback deal and working at least two more additions before the World Cup kicks off

:-X

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1345834178446.jpg

Colback, Ayoze & Cabella (if we're lucky). We'll be linked to a ton of strikers, get one in near the end of the window, sell Debuchy after a good World Cup, "look for a replacement", not get one, and start the season with Ryan Taylor at right-back.

Colback, Ayoze & Cabella (if we're lucky). We'll be linked to a ton of strikers, get one in near the end of the window, sell Debuchy after a good World Cup, "look for a replacement", not get one, and start the season with Ryan Taylor at right-back.

Santon will replace Debuchy if he goes. 

Colback and maybe 2 more :lol:

Hahahahaha we're fucked.

Three signings before the world cup would be quite impressive tbh if they actually came off, unless they were the only signings we were making all summer. Not that it will make much difference if The Fraud is still in charge of putting together a team from this lot.