Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wijnaldum was dispossessed a couple of times when he came deeper, giving Southampton good counter attack chances. It would be madness to put him in Colback's role yet.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

A couple of times, huh? How dare he. Never mind not putting him in midfield then. JUst keep him on the bench where he'll never be able to lose the ball a couple of times.

Are you crazy?

There's a difference between getting dispossessed when you are playing as a #10 on the edge of their area compared to getting dispossessed when you come deep and have no cover behind you.

Hmmm ... so you have deciphered that because he lost the ball two times in that position yesterday, he will therefore always lose the ball if played deeper.

Sorry, who is the crazy one again?

By the way, did you see Holland use him in a deeper role in the World Cup? Have you seen him play more centrally for PSV?

Please be very careful how you address me my friend. Nonsense.

For goodness sake. What I said was that there is absolutely no way he could be used in Colback's role YET. I stand by that to the highest degree as he will INEVITABLY have an adjustment period to the higher pace of the English league compared to the Dutch. I know he played as a 4-3-3 CM for PSV but from what I hear he was still the most advanced of that trio, so is used to having the cover of two men behind him.

Apparently I want him glued to the bench though, so fair enough.

Can't believe the negativity surrounding Jack Colback, he always puts a shift in and certainly never hides or feigns injury to cover up lack of skill like some others do !!!

He played well, why some of you won't acknowledge this is strange.

I did a good 7.5 hour shift at work on friday. You wanna praise me?

That's some blow job.

And you think Anita will solve that? He is as s**** as the rest of them, there is absolutely no way Anita is going to make a difference to our midfield. He doesn't do nearly enough to make a difference. Good to have your nonsense back on here though Brett, you have been a miss!

Doesn't make a difference to our midfield yet first game of the season and our midfield crumbled in his absence. Guess it wasn't nonsense after all. Anita under SM has a key role to play and will win over a lot more admirers under this new style of play.

This thread has been a train wreck. We have De Jong, Perez, Cabella and Sissoko who could play at the position Wijnaldum took yesterday. So people would rather have those five of our most talented players fight for that one position and have two of Colback, Anita and unfit Tiote below them? And I do realise Sissoko and Perez can play on the wing too but there's competition for those places too.

It's a non-brainer decision even if it would take something out of Wijnaldum's game (which I highly doubt would be the case).

This thread has been a train wreck. We have De Jong, Perez, Cabella and Sissoko who could play at the position Wijnaldum took yesterday. So people would rather have those five of our most talented players fight for that one position and have two of Colback, Anita and unfit Tiote below them? And I do realise Sissoko and Perez can play on the wing too but there's competition for those places too.

It's a non-brainer decision even if it would take something out of Wijnaldum's game (which I highly doubt would be the case).

It's square pegs in round holes and out of the players you mentioned Cabella and De Jong have done nothing since their arrival to suggest they should go straight into the first XI although hopefully De Jong can Keep himself fit and give McClaren a decision to make. Wijnaldum will create and score a lot of goals for us this season if he's played in his best position and that is in an attacking role. Personally I'd like to see Wijnaldum, De Jong and either Perez or Aarons playing behind the striker with Sissoko and either Anita or Colback the two holding players behind them.

Anyone saying f***ing winegum deserves a kick in the cock. You have said it three times in one post, that's a hatrick of punts in the penis for you.

LOLLOL: funny as ... Thank goodness for a bit of humour in here. Good on ye Reefa. ?

To me, Wijnaldum is going to be at his best running ahead of a fixed 10 and/or arriving in the box late. He's going to be marked even tighter after the weekend, now, so we need to get plenty of bodies around him to give him space.

He's too good a footballer to leave too far up the pitch, imo, need him dominating games for us and linking play.

He'd be great in a genuine midfield 3 with reasonably fluid positioning, but we seem to like the 4-2-3-1 where it's a two man defensive midfield and a no 10 who does the attacking. The former shouldn't mean exposing defense with 1 defending mid and 2 attacking, it should mean there's always 2 players to pass to to get out of pressure and gives us more attacking threat. I wonder if Wijnaldum will drop back a bit and take Colback's place if De Jong comes to be fully fit and lives up to his reputation.

He'd be great in a genuine midfield 3 with reasonably fluid positioning, but we seem to like the 4-2-3-1 where it's a two man defensive midfield and a no 10 who does the attacking. The former shouldn't mean exposing defense with 1 defending mid and 2 attacking, it should mean there's always 2 players to pass to to get out of pressure and gives us more attacking threat. I wonder if Wijnaldum will drop back a bit and take Colback's place if De Jong comes to be fully fit and lives up to his reputation.

Im hopeful for that. Dont know much about Collapsed lungs, but i imagine Dejong's return to fitness may have been a bit more careful this pre season than some of the others. May still be working his way back into it.

i'm fairly confident at this stage that colback wouldn't be "great" in any system

See that Yaya Toure fellow scored twice tonight playing CM and all the "restrictions" that supposedly come with it, silly City should have shored the defense up with Fernandinho and Fernando.

He's a completely different type of player to Yaya Toure.

See that Yaya Toure fellow scored twice tonight playing CM and all the "restrictions" that supposedly come with it, silly City should have shored the defense up with Fernandinho and Fernando.

He's a completely different type of player to Yaya Toure.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL5ZK4mGxkmVYkuIKxKsoLg3eyJ7XzKMXKxmUI7pcq4nIv4xIZvQ