Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

I actually think Obertan is more useful now tbh, which means nothing. If you watch him, all he does is play the percentages, 'don't give it away and I've done nothing wrong' seems to be his entire football philosophy, he never plays anything approaching a risky pass, he's just pointless.

He was so so slow on the ball yesterday. Awful game.

He's always slow on the ball tbf. As TCD said he holds onto it for ages looking up like he's going to play a ball out to the flanks or up to the striker and then just turns back around and passes it to Anita. He should just accept his limitations and do it quickly

I actually think Obertan is more useful now tbh, which means nothing. If you watch him, all he does is play the percentages, 'don't give it away and I've done nothing wrong' seems to be his entire football philosophy, he never plays anything approaching a risky pass, he's just pointless.

I could even put up with that if he didn't always hide behind an opposition player so no one will be encouraged to pass to him.

Both Colback and Noble were f***ing awful at times yesterday. Yet they are both almost guaranteed a start. I honestly have no idea what managers see, in these sideways and backwards cloggers. Yes Noble is the captain, but he is still a very limited footballer. I guess occasionally getting stuck in, and taking the easy option pass every time, is enough to please managers and some fans.

Passhun  :anguish:

Guest reefatoon

The thing is, when Colback dropped deep in the hole when the subs were made and had some responsibility, he constantly gave the ball away. He much prefers to hide between the holding midfielder and the attacking midfielder, where he feels he can shirk all responsibility. Utter cunt of a footballer.

It's endemic. If you're a Geordie especially and you throw yourself about like an idiot and little else that constitutes graft and understanding the physicality of the league. Forget creativity or being able to keep up. No doubt the same twats who thought Alan Smith was crucial in getting us promoted.

It's endemic. If you're a Geordie especially and you throw yourself about like an idiot and little else that constitutes graft and understanding the physicality of the league. Forget creativity or being able to keep up. No doubt the same t***s who thought Alan Smith was crucial in getting us promoted.

Wow, bit of a short term memory have we? Alan Smith was decent in the Championship in our team and filled a role that let the rest of the team play.

No way. My memory of Alan Smith is chasing shadows and cropping people of any league he played in after his injury. A triumvate in midfield of Nolan, Barton and Jonas (Enrique in support) with Colocini at the back meant the likes of Smith flattered to deceive. Complete passenger yet people roared his crunching tackles despite bugger all else.

I've seen that the BBC sport page is doing weekly infographic/stat round up showing the top players in various categories, shots, passes etc. Colback wasn't even in the top five for distance covered this week. Disappointing.

Probably was top five for passes behind the man tho. BBC didn't have that stat.