Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Couldn't care less.

:thup: So long as we have quality players like Jack Colback, we'll have all the excitement we'll ever need.

Bit of a weird, irrelevant post. Well done..

I have taken younger kids to watch games on a couple of occasions, and I must have hit lucky that Ben Arfa had stormers in some of those. Took a couple of nephews from Scotland to a game where he ran from the halfway line taking out 3 defenders before sticking it in the net and the roof came off the place. Those two were hooked for life.

But yeah, I guess the important thing is he should train properly and be nice to Rob Elliott.

Guest firetotheworks

Couldn't care less.

:thup: So long as we have quality players like Jack Colback, we'll have all the excitement we'll ever need.

Bit of a weird, irrelevant post. Well done..

Not really, like.

Guest firetotheworks

I really prefer that Bolton goal over the Blackburn one y'know. I know the Blackburn one is technically better, but there's something school boyish about the Bolton goal that just proper grabs me and makes me remember that this is what football's all about.

Reading through the comments on the Facebook post of this news (nufc contract severance)... I know I shouldn't even venture there, but scary how appalling some of the cliché ridden opinions are.

Not sure how to remember him tbh. Probably enjoyed watching him more than any other player at St James' over the last decade and he did provide some outrageously amazing moments. Having said that, absolutely despise the way he has wasted his raw talent. Unfortunately there is much more to being a successful footballer than talent alone and he has shown time and time again he lacks desire and an ounce of professionalism. Perhaps it would have been different if we had someone at the club capable of dealing with him, but I'm not sure that person exists.

I really prefer that Bolton goal over the Blackburn one y'know. I know the Blackburn one is technically better, but there's something school boyish about the Bolton goal that just proper grabs me and makes me remember that this is what football's all about.

Same here. Can't quite put into words why I prefer it so that's probably why.

Not sure how to remember him tbh. Probably enjoyed watching him more than any other player at St James' over the last decade and he did provide some outrageously amazing moments. Having said that, absolutely despise the way he has wasted his raw talent. Unfortunately there is much more to being a successful footballer than talent alone and he has shown time and time again he lacks desire and an ounce of professionalism. Perhaps it would have been different if we had someone at the club capable of dealing with him, but I'm not sure that person exists.

You mean a person who is willing to play him ahead of Obertan and Ryan Taylor. There'd be loads of them about, man.

My favourite player since Robert. Don't know what to say but his mercurial talent has made watching NUFC a little more bearable in the recent years. Hope he does well in France. Will be interesting to hear in a few years time what really went on behind the scenes.

Pardew saw through him, the back room staff saw through him, the dressing room saw through him, Steve Bruce saw through him and the fact that he was got rid of before he even got to Christmas suggests the rest of Hull FC agreed with Bruce and NUFC.

Of course them lot only have professional qualifications and first hand experience of having to deal with him on a day to day basis to make an informed judgement.

Bags of talent, bereft of any sort of work ethic, not what any club needs - unless of course you think we should start every game with just 10 people on the pitch.

We do that anyway. It's called Gouffran.

Also check "Ben Arfa the Maverick One" on Dailymotion

:lol: Nah. I can't. I have to let him go. We had the right team, and the wrong man in charge. We'll be mad about it for a long time.

Guest firetotheworks

Reading through the comments on the Facebook post of this news (nufc contract severance)... I know I shouldn't even venture there, but scary how appalling some of the cliché ridden opinions are.

Man, don't do it to yourself. It's hard enough doing it when it's the same people defending Pardew, but when it's them attacking something that you care about it's even worse. I was on The Chronicle website a few weeks ago posting stats to people, giving examples and basically proving every cliche' to be completely wrong and they just weren't having it. It was literally like 'he's a 1 in 10 player' then me saying 'actually he's a 1 in 3.5 player' then listing all of the other players stats, Gouffran even through to Sissoko...then just no reply or just moving onto something else like 'Well Steve Bruce saw through him as well'

It's incredibly frustrating.

The hell is the point of sports if you can't have a guy like this in the team.

Exactly :thup:

Talented players are dicks. It happens. Not having him in the team because of that is an indication that winning isn't everything.