Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Does anyone genuinely think Ben Arfa was culpable for even as many goals as Gouffran has been? Pardew perpetuated myths to fuel his propaganda against the one man who he saw as (a) a genuine threat to his popularity and (b) who vehemently stood against Pardew's style of play, seeing straight through his BS.

When you rely on "magic" you don't ostracise Harry Potter.

Guest firetotheworks

The people that hate him, I'd love to hear who their favourite NUFC players are of the last 10 years.

I know a lad that hates him. By his own admission his favourite players over the years have been 'arsehole defensive midfielders'...last player that I knew he liked that was in any way crafty was Cabaye.

The amount of revisionism going on in this thread is worrisome. The regime has clearly won, if people believe a word Pardiola and his sycophantic lickdogs say about HBA.

The facts have been laid out many, many times by many posters over the years about HBA's mistreatment and subsequent propaganda from Pards and the club in regards to his situation. As Keegan told us about this lot, don't believe the lies.

Anyways, in response to Ronaldo's holier-than-thou stance about how HBA was some sort of Pardew apologist and actively harmed the SackPardew campaign, I can only imagine he's been watching a bit too much Fox News and learning how to create sensationalist, hyperbolic stories where none exist.

So let me get this straight: HBA is unmanageable and falls out with every manager, so no wonder he fell out with Pardew, but on the other hand, didn't publicly berate Pardew, so he was Pardew's apologist? Make up your fucking minds, people.

Anyways, in response to Ronaldo's holier-than-thou stance about how HBA was some sort of Pardew apologist and actively harmed the SackPardew campaign, I can only imagine he's been watching a bit too much Fox News and learning how to create sensationalist, hyperbolic stories where none exist.

:lol:

It's common sense that Ben Arfa was being cited in any effective argument against Pardew in the autumn. For him to subsequently defend Pardew's position obviously conflicted with that line of criticism.

As for the Fox News comparison. Pretty rich given that you've basically just pulled some utter crap out of thin air. I never called him a Pardew apologist. I said it's stupid - though thoroughly unsurprising on here - to suggest Hatem helped remove Pardew. 

Guest firetotheworks

He was fuel to our flames if anything, if we had any say in removing Pardew then HBA was a big part of the reason for that. Not to mention him standing up to the cunt.

Anyway, just watched Sewelly's video like. Totally heartbreaking. :lol:

Actively supporting a club that gets rid of their best player by some distance and takes managerial applications by John Carver into serious consideration.  Nah, no thanks.

Thank you Leicester for making me no longer give one single shit about this joke of a club until something drastically changes.

Guest firetotheworks

I was at the corner flag when he did that ridiculous run and goal against Blackburn in the cup. Probably the best goal I've ever seen, bar none. Going to miss him.

You should have been offering yourself for a pass instead of standing offside tbf.

:lol:

It's common sense that Ben Arfa was being cited in any effective argument against Pardew in the autumn. For him to subsequently defend Pardew's position obviously conflicted with that line of criticism.

As for the Fox News comparison. Pretty rich given that you've basically just pulled some utter crap out of thin air. I never called him a Pardew apologist. I said it's stupid - though thoroughly unsurprising on here - to suggest Hatem helped remove Pardew. 

I agree with you that we've all been waiting far too long for one of our players, especially HBA, to have an all-out go at the cunt in the press, but we've not had that even from departed players, like Cabaye. It's as if he has some hypnotic hold on them, much like how he had on most of our fans. Can't even get someone to say he's shit in public.

Guest firetotheworks

KI - that team you posted dude. My word, Pardew couldn't handle THAT team ffs. :lol: yet people in media still rate the fucker

We had that team available (unless there were some injuries that I've missed) from August to January and then obviously we were minus Cabaye, who according to Pardew is absolutely every single atom in the known universe.

Sad but inevitable news. He fashioned some great memories and was unplayable on his day. There's obviously something not right if you look at his history though - Pardew and Bruce may be muppets but his ill-fated relationships with managers and teammates goes beyond those two. Massive shame because if he was right mentally he could've been a world beater; you have to wonder what he's like behind closed doors.

Having said that like he clearly shouldnt be leaving when the likes of Gouffran get a game week in week out.

Unbelievable post I spotted on reddit :lol:

What fucking contributions? How is this upvoted? He was pure shite in most matches. Once in a blue moon he would pull off something amazing. But in 90% of games he produced zero end product, and wasted the ball every time he got it.

You watch their top 5 youtube clips, no comparison. ben arfa appears to be much better.

Or, you watch a match. Better still, several matches. No comparison, but for different reasons. Gouffran is far far better overall, and doesnt have that toxic attitude that needs to be gotten rid of asap as soon as it appears. ben arfa is an asshole, and not a team player, simple as.

we are much better off without him.

Imagine actually watching football games and coming to the conclusion that Gouffran is a far better player.

It's just fucking tragic, man. I agree with Andy; I don't think there's any doubt that - now - the lad is broken. But the fact of the matter is, from the moment he was fit after the De Jong tackle - he should have been in the team, in an advanced position, every single week. I'd even go as far to say that the team should have been built around him during those years. Pardew got him totally wrong and is a massive reason for why the bloke is probably done at this level. I fully believe that if he'd racked up 50 appearances on the bounce (injuries permitting) he'd have been one of our most productive players. It's all to do with this cliché about 'no player being bigger than the team'. If that player has the natural ability to wildly improve the team, you do anything to make him as productive as possible.

Guh. Just tragic, like I say. A huge indictment of this era.

Unbelievable post I spotted on reddit :lol:

What fucking contributions? How is this upvoted? He was pure shite in most matches. Once in a blue moon he would pull off something amazing. But in 90% of games he produced zero end product, and wasted the ball every time he got it.

You watch their top 5 youtube clips, no comparison. ben arfa appears to be much better.

Or, you watch a match. Better still, several matches. No comparison, but for different reasons. Gouffran is far far better overall, and doesnt have that toxic attitude that needs to be gotten rid of asap as soon as it appears. ben arfa is an asshole, and not a team player, simple as.

we are much better off without him.

Imagine actually watching football games and coming to the conclusion that Gouffran is a far better player.

That post ...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/twitchy.gif

Best goals and assists to games ratio for how many years?  2/3?

Anyway, I need help identifying one of his defining - game winning - moments.  Late on, standard Pardew affair - that means fuck all had happened up until the 85th minute (or whatever) and we were finally attacking.  Ben Arfa gets the ball in his wide right position, just short of the right corner of the area.  He cuts inside and shoots, the ball bounces off Cisse and goes in.  At least, that's what people thought, yet on closer inspection Hatem had picked Cisse out with an audacious pin-point delivery.

Best goals and assists to games ratio for how many years?  2/3?

Anyway, I need help identifying one of his defining - game winning - moments.  Late on, standard Pardew affair - that means f*** all had happened up until the 85th minute (or whatever) and we were finally attacking.  Ben Arfa gets the ball in his wide right position, just short of the right corner of the area.  He cuts inside and shoots, the ball bounces off Cisse and goes in.  At least, that's what people thought, yet on closer inspection Hatem had picked Cisse out with an audacious pin-point delivery.

I know the game you mean - was it Palace last year? We won 1-0?

That's the one, cheers.

Didn't have Hatem starting his run from so deep, nor picking Cisse out from such a narrow field position.  Makes it even better than I remembered :lol:

Which other games did Hatem grab us the winning goal?