Your summer transfer wish list

Stifler

Nigel Hasselbaink might be worth a punt as a cheap option for the winger/second striker role.

Not even a guaranteed starter at St. Johnstone, not particularly good and already 23 years old. Howay man :lol:

Honestly where the fuck have you pulled this from?

He's playing at progressively higher levels having started playing the Dutch 8th division or something. Seems to consistently score about one in six from the wing regardless. Can play as a wide man in a front three.

Not saying he should be a priority target but since we're probably going to need three new wingers he'd be worth a punt as a cheap option. See if he can step up his game for the premier league.

He has more competitive match experience than most of our kids.

Any reason why a man in America is watching Nigel Hasselbaink play football?

Guest neesy111

Nigel Hasselbaink might be worth a punt as a cheap option for the winger/second striker role.

Not even a guaranteed starter at St. Johnstone, not particularly good and already 23 years old. Howay man :lol:

Honestly where the fuck have you pulled this from?

He's playing at progressively higher levels having started playing the Dutch 8th division or something. Seems to consistently score about one in six from the wing regardless. Can play as a wide man in a front three.

Not saying he should be a priority target but since we're probably going to need three new wingers he'd be worth a punt as a cheap option. See if he can step up his game for the premier league.

He has more competitive match experience than most of our kids.

Any reason why a man in America is watching Nigel Hasselbaink play football?

Cos hes a sad twat.

Hey, at least there's some logic behind it. Was hoping the answer was just going to be "bought him on FIFA and he's been class for me".

Better than the Brad Evans shout, I suppose, but still poor. 2/10 wnb.

I'll take the heat for the Nigel suggestion but Evans is quality. Just a good solid all-round footballer.

Hey, at least there's some logic behind it. Was hoping the answer was just going to be "bought him on FIFA and he's been class for me".

I'll take the heat for the Nigel suggestion but Evans is quality. Just a good solid all-round footballer.

You've been Pardewed.

Guest Roger Kint

They've all started more SPL games than Hasselbaink this season, so they might be worth a punt as cheap options.

Get Christie Elliott in then, local lad too if we are going down that route of daft signings :lol:

Just so bang average man. So average. 29 and never played outside of the US.

They've all started more SPL games than Hasselbaink this season, so they might be worth a punt as cheap options.

Get Christie Elliott in then, local lad too if we are going down that route of daft signings :lol:

Sticking to my original criteria of game time I can't advocate this. Plus he's gubbins.

Shaun Hutchinson, then we'll talk.

We need to get at least one player who can take a decent, dangerous free kick. Since Cabaye left we have no one (apart from the injured Ryan Taylor). Opposition teams can give away fouls in and around the box against NUFC without worrying about it.

A vocal leader on the pitch (a captain if you will) who can lead by example and rouse the rest of the team on when we need to come back from a set back.

Players with pace.

Creative players.

Players who can score goals. Obviously we desperately need some strikers who can score goals. It would also be nice to have midfielders and defenders who can score goals too.

Based on the level of players Luca wants us to go after, I'll make these suggestions:

Graham Carey takes a mean set piece, let's get him.

Jim Goodwin could be our leader.

Kallum Higginbotham could provide the pace.

Iain Vigurs for creativity.

John Sutton, Lionel Ainsworth and Andrew Robertson to provide goals from every area of the pitch.

:lol:

I'm genuinely confused here, for starters Nigel f*cking Hasselbaink :lol: but equally impressed you came up with a list of no doubt journeymen who i haven't a clue who any of them are.

Which worries me greatly, but also intrigues me.

Guest frazernufc

Depay from PSV but hed more than likely be useless under Pardew so probably best for him we didnt try and sign him.

Kiyotake from Nurnberg, cheap but decent Cabaye replacement

Mitrovic from Anderlecht, mentioned him before cause were a favoured club of his on FM hes only 19, 6ft2 and has gone on and got 15 in 31 games this season, they paid 5mill euros last summer, linked to a few decent teams aswell.

Will Hughes if Derby dont come up

Guest chopey

That big centre half that scored for athletico yesterday looks like a canny player I wonder pardew can convince him to come and play some non complete football at st James's

Mitrovic from Anderlecht, mentioned him before cause were a favoured club of his on FM hes only 19, 6ft2 and has gone on and got 15 in 31 games this season, they paid 5mill euros last summer, linked to a few decent teams aswell.

Mitrovic :thup:

Reet, so I'm not that arsed about who we actually do bring in given my current enthusiasm levels but thought I'd throw some names out rather than just shitting on other people's suggestions.

Jordy Clasie from Feyenoord would be my first shout for a Cabaye replacement, given that he's the closest thing I've seen to him this season. He's only 22, has 2 years left on his current deal, is in a league we'll be aware of and is pushing for a starting place at the World Cup this summer. Plays the game very similar to Cabaye, albeit from a deeper role, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're well aware of him. May need another year or two in the Eredivisie, but seems to have everything to his game bar perhaps stamina from what I've seen.

Jean-Paul Boetius and Tonny Vilhena from the same club may also be worth a look, the former being a 20-year-old flying winger who can play on either side and the latter a mobile left-footed central midfielder. He's only 19, though, so both may be too young to make the jump so soon, Unbelievable will be better placed than me to comment on all three, but I've seen Feyenoord a decent number of times this season and they've always caught the eye.

Davy Klaassen from Ajax is 21 and has a lot of Kevin Nolan traits about him. Could see him getting goals if given the same sort of freedom he has now, but not entirely convinced about his all-round game aside from that. He wouldn't be the most inspiring signing but can see him having a decent career.

I really like Ezequiel Schelotto, who is owned by Inter but has spent all season out on loan, but he may be too Jonas-like for a lot on here. He's better technically, though shares the "El Galgo" moniker due to his style. Would be right up our street in terms of "hard-working wide man".

From closer to home I've already mentioned Oussama Assaidi and Marko Arnautovic before, the former we'd probably have more chance of landing than the latter, but both would be players who could bring some extra creativity and invention. Jordan Mutch may be another one to take a punt on, given the season he's had, plus the fact his contract seems to be up next year. Good fantasy league player but is actually impressive in terms of his all-round play and is still young.

The only serious suggestions I could make from the SPL would be Charlie Mulgrew and Virgil van Dijk from Celtic, but I highly doubt the former would come here to be a bit-part player and the latter appears to have a lot going for him but the quality in the division is so poor it's difficult to tell if he's the real deal or not.

Finally I'll hoy Majeed Waris out there as well, for a livewire striking option. Not getting enough minutes at Spartak Moscow and has done well on loan at Valenciennes since the turn of the year, scoring 9/16. Only 22, should be heavily involved for Ghana this summer and it could be a good time to get him with his confidence high and form good.

Shit away, folks. :lol:

http://cdn.foxsportsla.com/sites/foxsports-la/files/img/notes/news/620x465/schelottosancion-1912.jpg

Know bot all about any but the PL players aside from having heard of some of them but a decent read none the less.

Think we missed the boat on 'Arnie' massively. Can't see us going for someone who was available on a cheapo last season because we must have already looked at him.

That Klaassen looks very handy.

If people are turning their noses up at Morrison due to his past behaviour then Arnautovic cannot possibly be an option either.

We are fucked aren't we?

We either take games on the Morrison's of this world and we've seen historically that these don't tend to work out for us.

Or we lower our standards and look at more workmanlike options which will lead to us being dull and placid.

I'm still looking for those silver linings.