N-O Fantasy World Cup 2014 - sbnufc wins! Rich second! Unbelievable third!

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yup, you and Rich have drawn a good gap. Barring any major collapse, it should be between both of you for top spot. Reckon it would be decided by the correct choice of captain from now on.

Nah, it's much closer than that imho due to players remaining getting more expensive. This round I may well pick only 14, for the final only 11 evidently, allowing for much more variety in the teams. It's a decent gap, but certainly not decisive.

Players getting more expensive means less freedom in choosing your squad though. The squads would likely be 90% similar all round.

Be arrogant man, like Rich. Then any collapse would taste sweeter. :lol:

Players getting more expensive means less freedom in choosing your squad though. The squads would likely be 90% similar all round.

Be arrogant man, like Rich. Then any collapse would taste sweeter. :lol:

They're not getting more expensive though, and the budget remains the same. But big squads make less and less sense, so the budget per player rises. This will allow for greater variety imho. In the final you can basically chose whatever 11 players you like from the 2 finalists and supplement with 12 1m players long gone from the tournament. Hence I think there's still big swings to come.

How the fuck did I get 107 points this round? :lol: Keep making inspired captain choices it seems. Was a tough choice between Navas and Vlaar. Ended up picking Vlaar as he's always capable of scoring from set pieces, and almost did. Navas only got one more point than him, so it was alright in the end.

But like was mentioned, they have the transfer window as closing on the 13th. So who the fuck knows?

Also the fact they've increased number of players from 8 to unlimited points to it being just 1 game.

Already seen 3 people elsewhere online post their team for the semis, all with a back 5 of Cillessen, Blind/de Vrij, Garay, Hummels & Luiz :lol:

I was going to go down the route of 1 defender from each team as well, but jesus.. I think teams are going to be more alike than I thought if this si anything to go by