Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Only scored 6 more goals than Xisco this season...

He's only 20.

I know, just thought it was interesting.

I think this is actually a really clever signing. :) Full credit to Charlz, Mike Ashley and the scouting team for getting him across the line  :aww:

Guest chopey

We are a top premier league team with £90 million in the bank and the potential to earn another £70 million a year for the next 2 years and we sign a good prospect for £1.8 million I'm not sure how clever that is

We are a top premier league team with £90 million in the bank and the potential to earn another £70 a year for the next 2 years and we sign a good prospect for £1.8 million I'm not sure how clever that is

Last I checked we were indebted to our illustrious owner...

Perez achieves the same in England and his price quadruples :)

As a deal by itself, there isn't much wrong in signing Ayoze. Ultimately, we will still need to replace Remy, Cabaye, Hatem with quality and not sub-par signings. Beyond that, we also need to sign at the very least, another striker and winger. And we have enough money in the bank to do all that, so failure to do so will not be acceptable.

I'm not holding my breath though. The players we are strongly linked with tells you nothing has changed. Sign Ayoze, Colback, Cabella and maybe a couple more, and we would be almost done with the summer. Net spend of 15-20m and they will get bums on seats again.

If Cabella is good we won't sign him. If he's bad we will.

If he's good and we somehow sign him we'll make him bad.

If we fail to make him bad we'll sell at first ask.

I think that just about covers all the bases.

This preaty much cover all the online posts in this fourm. It will be like that until we start winning and be in a healthy league position like 2011-2012.

As a deal by itself, there isn't much wrong in signing Ayoze. Ultimately, we will still need to replace Remy, Cabaye, Hatem with quality and not sub-par signings. Beyond that, we also need to sign at the very least, another striker and winger. And we have enough money in the bank to do all that, so failure to do so will not be acceptable.

I'm not holding my breath though. The players we are strongly linked with tells you nothing has changed. Sign Ayoze, Colback, Cabella and maybe a couple more, and we would be almost done with the summer. Net spend of 15-20m and they will get bums on seats again.

My guess is (or in their heads)

Ayoze for Ameobi

Colback for Cabaye

Cabella for HBA

Probably a striker like Gomis, then that's it unless it's one out, one in.

My guess is (or in their heads)

Ayoze for Ameobi

Colback for Cabaye

Cabella for HBA

Probably a striker like Gomis, then that's it unless it's one out, one in.

Not far off iyam. And that would be 40-50m in transfer fees, sign-on fees and wages over 5 years. Can't have us spending more on proper replacements or we'll be the next Portsmouth anarl.

"It is a football team that plays a very English style, they are very direct and when you go there they give you respect but they prefer players who come from their own area.”

:anguish:

Good to know we're so highly thought of.

“It will not be easy and he will have to do it himself. He will be alone there without any help."

I do recall him mentioning this when he was here too. Not speaking the language, and the club not really doing much to help integrate him into the community etc. Instead he'd just sit at home alone after training.

"when you go there they give you respect but they prefer players who come from their own area."

I think it's more a case of preferring players who aren't s*** like but fair do's.

Pards prefers a shit player tbf.

I'm sure there was an article recently about how the club had learnt from past experiences with foreign players and we now do quite a lot to help them integrate. It does have to work both ways, though, which Luque seems to have not realised. Cabaye went down to Newcastle University with his wife, IIRC, to try and get integrated and learn the language.

“It will not be easy and he will have to do it himself. He will be alone there without any help."

I do recall him mentioning this when he was here too. Not speaking the language, and the club not really doing much to help integrate him into the community etc. Instead he'd just sit at home alone after training.

http://images.football365.com/13/01/800x600/Graeme-Souness-Expert-Opinion-Football-1024_2887334.jpg

Such a cunt.

http://images.football365.com/13/01/800x600/Graeme-Souness-Expert-Opinion-Football-1024_2887334.jpg

Such a cunt.

Yet strangely, these days I find myself scraping the barrel to find nuggets of wisdom from the cunt. This is how low we have sunk.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 7m

Perez's team-mate Ayoze Diaz confirms he's joining #nufc . (via @juanjo_ramos). "The first two months will be difficult but he'll succeed"

Diaz: "He has the personality to succeed. This week has not concerned him. We've been talking to him in English!"