Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Have to say he was atrocious today. Barely made a single correct decision and when he did he overplayed it or sclaffed it. Was very casual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it's not the player but the formation/tactics.

We've won 8 in a row, madras. It might be time to admit that Rafa's formations and tactics might be better than yours, like. [emoji38]

The squad we have Pardew would strolled it.

This statement is beyond shocking and is actually incredibly offensive :lol:

My goodness. Please never underestimate how bloody terrible Pardew is. How anyone could ever forget is beyond me.

Have to say he was atrocious today. Barely made a single correct decision and when he did he overplayed it or sclaffed it. Was very casual

We've won 8 in a row, madras. It might be time to admit that Rafa's formations and tactics might be better than yours, like. [emoji38]

Righto.

Oh come on man, we have by far and away the biggest and best team and squad in this division, even Pardew as much as we dislike him  would'nt have f***ed it up.

I'm actually shocked that anyone can think this way. You're talking about the person who's managed two different teams to having the worst form in the country. Not the league, the entire country. He was a Bosingwa away from relegating a team of Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Debuchy, Sissoko, Cisse, Marveaux, Ba for a bit, Santon, Coloccini et al, and you think he wouldn't have f***ed up with a team whose match winner and the league's top scorer he sold to us because he wasn't playing him ahead of Connor Whickham.

It's you that needs to come on madras, you're living in a fantasy world if you think Pardew could get 9 wins in a row from a team that's weaker than the ones he had losing to everyone, regardless of the league.

Pardew, who I don't rate got 6 straight wins in the premiership FFS. If you don't think he could get 9 when having a massiverly better squad than everyone else in a division below then you are lyinfg to yourself.

Sorry ... :lol:

Just catching up on this stuff and it is actually making me angry.

Do you realise Murphy would be starting upfront, Gayle would be on the right wing supporting the right back in defence, Hayden would be likely playing right back because he provides more height there, Colback would be starting every damned game without fail, oh and Shelvey would be crap because no one improves under that twit ... I mean are you actually serious?! :lol:

We must remember he wasnt playing his favorite position either yesterday. His best position is as a striker but when you have Gayle and Mitro on top form there's no chance of playing there. I dont think he's good enough as a CAM but we know on a good day he can be lethal up front.

We must remember he wasnt playing his favorite position either yesterday. His best position is as a striker but when you have Gayle and Mitro on top form there's no chance of playing there. I dont think he's good enough as a CAM but we know on a good day he can be lethal up front.

Has he ever said he prefers to play up top?  I don't think that is his best position and I can't say I remember him playing there regularly or being 'lethal' up front?  Didn't he have a good spell there during one of Pardew's winning runs, where he scored a few?  I can't actually remember, TBH.  But I genuinely didn't think he had played as a striker too often for us.   

He has played on the left, behind the striker and as a front man and he has looked good at different times in all of those positions.  Hasn't really managed to make any of those positions his own, though and he seems inconsistent.     

We do seem to go in circles about his best position mind. If he plays badly am he should be on the left, plays badly on the left should be behind the striker. And I don't think he's best suited to being the main striker but that was arguably where he had his best run of form for us.

Hopefully he sorts a few of his problems out and really makes a position his own. Really hasn't been playing well for a while now but he's still only 23, stuff like decision making and awareness has plenty of time to come along.

The simple things are the main concern. He has his classy moments still but it's not like a Ben Arfa situation where you can just accept a poor game here or there or giving away the ball a lot because you know the net gain will be worth it.

We'll obviously get punished a lot harder if he gives away the ball as sloppily as he did yesterday when we go up, and it's been way too frequent for quite a while.

Blows cold much more frequently than he blows hot, the fact that Colback can look a half decent player at this level in most matches but Perez still struggles is alarming.

Pointless comparison as the two are absolute opposites in playing style. Ayoze will lose the ball trying to be too inventive and overambitious. Colback's role is to sit in the hole and basically give the ball to someone else. One role is obviously a lot easier than the other.

He's averaging a goal or assist at just less than one a game versus his minutes played this season. Not too shabby for a greasy c***.

It's about general play and expectations though. If we'd bought a championship player and he was performing like Perez I'd be satisfied, can't speak for everyone but I'm disappointed because I thought he'd be standing out in this team in this division, looking good throughout most games, but so far he isn't.

Doesn't mean he won't improve but if the September window closed tomorrow I'd be dissapointed if we didn't upgrade his position.

He's averaging a goal or assist at just less than one a game versus his minutes played this season. Not too shabby for a greasy cunt.

He's a fabulous talent, it just frustrates that he could be so much better. I liken him to Peter Beardsley in what he has the potential to do for the side, but Beardsley didn't waste much. If Perez played to his full potential more regularly I think he'd be starting every week.

Bloody hell.

I am, do you mean he's too good to be here? Don't see any evidence of that.

Absolutely not is he too good to be here.

It's the statement from disco I said i wouldn't disagree with, but I wouldn't disagree because its a nothing, hypothetical statement. No one plays to their full potential every week, it's meaningless.

Fat Sam had the best squad at West Ham, went up via playoffs and hes a better manager than Pardew.

I think madras is forgetting that the player improvement wouldn't have happened, the morale improvement wouldn't have happened, the culture of the club would still be one of failure, etc. That's without even going into Pardew's week-by-week management. 

Has he ever said he prefers to play up top?  I don't think that is his best position and I can't say I remember him playing there regularly or being 'lethal' up front?  Didn't he have a good spell there during one of Pardew's winning runs, where he scored a few?  I can't actually remember, TBH.  But I genuinely didn't think he had played as a striker too often for us.   

He has played on the left, behind the striker and as a front man and he has looked good at different times in all of those positions.  Hasn't really managed to make any of those positions his own, though and he seems inconsistent.   

He played there for Tenerife didnt he and got player of the year in Spain's second division.

He's come on as a sub a few times for us and played there and stared there.

Played there vs Spurs last season and won us the match.

Can also remember he coming off the bench and winning us a game vs Liverpool playing there in his debut season.

A match vs Man city comes to mind too played there on his league debut and I can remeber him coming so close to scoring.

In fact he played there a more often than not two seasons ago I can remember and he had an okay first season lookng at it getting 7 goals.

Steve McClown rarely played him in that position last season though but the few times he did he played decent like when he won us the Spurs game.

So I think it is he's best position but his luck is out because he wont be playing there this season with Rafa's system and Gayle and Mitro being on top form.

We really need to buy a top-quality #10 if we're sticking with 4-2-3-1. Guess we can't do it until the summer because we need proven top division class.

no chance we get prem quality in Jan if we are 10 points clear and looking certs?

We really need to buy a top-quality #10 if we're sticking with 4-2-3-1. Guess we can't do it until the summer because we need proven top division class.

no chance we get prem quality in Jan if we are 10 points clear and looking certs?

Maybe I guess, we'll see.

I think Rafa has indicated he won't be signing players in January. That might change if we get a good deal, but he seems more than happy enough to wait until the summer and it makes sense tbh. We could win this league with two totally different starting line ups.