Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Who would have thought that playing the kid in his natural position he'd do better than stuck up front or out wide :lol:

Way too patchy though, needs to find some consistency. Hopefully with this performance he's earnt his place for the next league game and he can carry on where he left off.

He has mostly played as a #10 this season tbh. Good that he did better today, hopefully a big step in the right direction.

Aye. He's played mostly as a 10 this season and been pap.  He's been pap for a long time.

It looks like he might be turning the corner now though. I'd like for him to go on a 5-6 game run where his touch is consistent, he's making the right choices and his effective in the final third. I was beginning to lose hope in the lad but this is could be a turning point.

Despite having a quite poor season overall so far he's managed to score 5 goals i think. Thing is that we have looked a class above in most of the games so far, and the best part is that we will get better and better. We still have players that we can do even better than they have done so far. With Rafa it's safe to say that he will never be satisfied, always looking to improve every single detail. Fine tuning, more tuning, and again and again..

Lately you have been able to see how much we have improved from the beginning of the season. Players starting to gel, create a bond and an understanding between them, knowing who does what and when and why. Getting more and more well drilled and being aware of exactly what to do under the command of Rafa. Absolutely Love supporting this club and team right now, makes me so much more happy, outside of the football as well. Great stuff :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

He played well and it was about time, as he's been massively underperforming for 18 months and completely got away with it. Diame's played a handful of games and you've made your mind up on him already. That's your choice and I disagree, but who cares.

Perez has 8 starts, 5 goals, 3 assists this season.

Diame has 11 starts, 0 goals, 1 assist.

If we're persisting with this #10 there's only one option out of the two who should be playing from now on.

It's not as simple as that though is it? Rafa likes Diame away from home if Gayle is the one up front to his size and how he works off the ball. I think we'll continue to see Perez at home for Diame away in that position for a while. Perez will probably only play that position away from home if Mitro is up top (like as QPR).

Guest neesy111

If we're persisting with this #10 there's only one option out of the two who should be playing from now on.

It's not as simple as that though is it? Rafa likes Diame away from home if Gayle is the one up front to his size and how he works off the ball. I think we'll continue to see Perez at home for Diame away in that position for a while. Perez will probably only play that position away from home if Mitro is up top (like as QPR).

This.

Perez drifts out of the games far too much for my liking, yesterday 2 goals and an assist but I didn't notice him too much in the game.

I thought that goals wins you games. As long as there's other players out there that makes the team tick :thup: And Perez is not at the level he's able to be at yet. He will be more involved once his confidence gets higher.

This.

Perez drifts out of the games far too much for my liking, yesterday 2 goals and an assist but I didn't notice him too much in the game.

It's almost as if whoever plays that role looks poor when Gayle plays up top alone.

I would agree if his size was put to good use, it generally hasn't been. He doesn't put himself about effectively and the ball bounces off him most of the time. He's been at his best when games have opened up and he's had a bit more space to play with, putting in a couple of passable 2nd half performances.

Of course Rafa's stubbornness with Diame is justifiable if we're winning games, and I'm generally not arsed in that case. But this #10 position is our biggest 'problem' at the moment.