Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

I'm worried about him now. Always been a fan, but it's hard to argue what he brings to the table most of the time. Plus we're not going to change anything tactically to accommodate him, nor should we.

If we get promoted, will he do better again with the different football? Or are we better off to keep using him as a squad player until the end of the season and then shift him.

Thought he was fine today, has certainly been worse. The pass through to Anita for Gayle's second really was excellent - eye of the needle stuff to thread it through and it was weighted perfectly too. Generally speaking he's being asked to play a very different role under Rafa (playing with his back to goal more as the most advanced midfielder, linking the play etc) in what is often quite a tight and physical league and he's taking time to adapt, which is not overly surprising or concerning IMO. 

Thought he was fine today, has certainly been worse. The pass through to Anita for Gayle's second really was excellent - eye of the needle stuff to thread it through and it was weighted perfectly too. Generally speaking he's being asked to play a very different role under Rafa (playing with his back to goal more as the most advanced midfielder, linking the play etc) in what is often quite a tight and physical league and he's taking time to adapt, which is not overly surprising or concerning IMO. 

I think he loses the ball far too often to get a free pass because he produces one fantastic assist. Granted a player of his type will lose it a few times, but it's actually rare these days when he completes a move. I want him to succeed badly, but he has to show signs of improvement, but after a couple of years in England there's not much sign of it.

I think he loses the ball far too often to get a free pass because he produces one fantastic assist. Granted a player of his type will lose it a few times, but it's actually rare these days when he completes a move. I want him to succeed badly, but he has to show signs of improvement, but after a couple of years in England there's not much sign of it.

Did well when he arrived because he was a bit on an unknown quantity, now other teams know all about him - he doesn't look up and can't seem to receive the ball whilst on the move. Too static off the ball imo. Nice lad, has scored some very clinical efforts over the past couple of seasons but his awareness hasn't improved at all, sadly.

Have to say he was atrocious today. Barely made a single correct decision and when he did he overplayed it or sclaffed it. Was very casual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it's not the player but the formation/tactics.

We've won 8 in a row, madras. It might be time to admit that Rafa's formations and tactics might be better than yours, like. [emoji38]

The squad we have Pardew would strolled it.

Righto.

Oh come on man, we have by far and away the biggest and best team and squad in this division, even Pardew as much as we dislike him  would'nt have fucked it up.

Have to say he was atrocious today. Barely made a single correct decision and when he did he overplayed it or sclaffed it. Was very casual

We've won 8 in a row, madras. It might be time to admit that Rafa's formations and tactics might be better than yours, like. [emoji38]

Righto.

Oh come on man, we have by far and away the biggest and best team and squad in this division, even Pardew as much as we dislike him  would'nt have f***ed it up.

But would Pardew have signed half the players that Benitez has done? You can definitely say he wouldn't have signed the person who turned out to be the top scorer in the Championship so far, he'd have probably tried to bring Wickham or Lambert here.

Righto.

Oh come on man, we have by far and away the biggest and best team and squad in this division, even Pardew as much as we dislike him  would'nt have f***ed it up.

He had good squads when he was our manager yet he delivered shit, why do you think this would be different?

Righto.

But would Pardew have signed half the players that Benitez has done? You can definitely say he wouldn't have signed the person who turned out to be the top scorer in the Championship so far, he'd have probably tried to bring Wickham or Lambert here.

Totally agree with you there.  I was going more tacticallty etc (fwiw I think Mitrovic would have had as many goals as Gayle had he had the same game time.....I'd play both)

Righto.

He had good squads when he was our manager yet he delivered s***, why do you think this would be different?

Not compared to the opposition.

He wouldn't have turned it around after the first 2 games, he would have spent his time bigging up the players telling them how they're too good for the league and shat himself after losses against Fulham and Huddersfield.

Also under Pardew's stewardship we couldn't financially compete with the likes of Brighton and Hove Albion.

Can't believe I've even read that tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

Righto.

Oh come on man, we have by far and away the biggest and best team and squad in this division, even Pardew as much as we dislike him  would'nt have fucked it up.

I'm actually shocked that anyone can think this way. You're talking about the person who's managed two different teams to having the worst form in the country. Not the league, the entire country...twice He was a Bosingwa away from relegating a team of Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Debuchy, Sissoko, Cisse, Marveaux, Ba for a bit, Santon, Coloccini et al, and you think he wouldn't have fucked up with a team whose match winner and the league's top scorer he himself sold to us because he wasn't playing him ahead of Connor Whickham. [emoji38]

It's you that needs to come on madras, you're living in a fantasy world if you think Pardew could get 9 wins in a row from a team that's weaker than the ones he had losing to everyone, regardless of the league.

He wouldn't have turned it around after the first 2 games, he would have spent his time bigging up the players telling them how they're too good for the league and shat himself after losses against Fulham and Huddersfield.

Also under Pardew's stewardship we couldn't financially compete with the likes of Brighton and Hove Albion.

Can't believe I've even read that tbh.

That's where your right.

Righto.

He had good squads when he was our manager yet he delivered s***, why do you think this would be different?

We had a better squad than Reading and we managed to lose 1-2 at home to them because of his negativity. We had a better squad than Wigan and we got humped 4-0 away against them. There's loads of examples

Righto.

Well that's bullshit, what was our squad after we finished 5th?

Also what explains his current record with Palace?

Righto.

I'm actually shocked that anyone can think this way. You're talking about the person who's managed two different teams to having the worst form in the country. Not the league, the entire country. He was a Bosingwa away from relegating a team of Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Debuchy, Sissoko, Cisse, Marveaux, Ba for a bit, Santon, Coloccini et al, and you think he wouldn't have f***ed up with a team whose match winner and the league's top scorer he sold to us because he wasn't playing him ahead of Connor Whickham.

It's you that needs to come on madras, you're living in a fantasy world if you think Pardew could get 9 wins in a row from a team that's weaker than the ones he had losing to everyone, regardless of the league.

Pardew, who I don't rate got 6 straight wins in the premiership FFS. If you don't think he could get 9 when having a massiverly better squad than everyone else in a division below then you are lyinfg to yourself.

Righto.

I'm actually shocked that anyone can think this way. You're talking about the person who's managed two different teams to having the worst form in the country. Not the league, the entire country. He was a Bosingwa away from relegating a team of Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Debuchy, Sissoko, Cisse, Marveaux, Ba for a bit, Santon, Coloccini et al, and you think he wouldn't have f***ed up with a team whose match winner and the league's top scorer he sold to us because he wasn't playing him ahead of Connor Whickham.

Pardew, who I don't rate got 6 straight wins in the premiership FFS. If you don't think he could get 9 when having a massiverly better squad than everyone else in a division below then you are lyinfg to yourself.

Aye BUT that 6 game winning run was the exception not the rule

Righto.

We had a better squad than Reading and we managed to lose 1-2 at home to them because of his negativity. We had a better squad than Wigan and we got humped 4-0 away against them. There's loads of examples

Look at the squad he currently has a Palace, that team should be comfortably mid-table top half, not a point above the relegation zone and losing to teams like Burnley.

Guest firetotheworks

Righto.

[emoji38] So, just ignoring all those losses then? 6 wins in a row though, yay! Just admit that you're wrong with this whole 2 up front thing man. It would be nice, but we're 5 points clear at the top, top scorers, least conceded last time I checked, playing teams off the park with good football, our manager is a double Champions league winner, whose just come from Real Madrid and you're still banging the drum for how you think things should be, it's absolutely mental.

Staggering stuff this. Has to be on the wind up.

not at all. I'm not comparing Rafa to Pardew, just saying that even Pardew wouldn't have fucked up what he have being a bigger and better team and squad than everyone else in this division,  and yes I know we only have this squad because of Rafa, I'm talking purely tactics.

Righto.

[emoji38] So, just ignoring all those losses then? 6 wins in a row though, yay! Just admit that you're wrong with this whole 2 up front thing man. It would be nice, but we're 5 points clear at the top, top scorers, least conceded last time I checked, playing teams off the park with good football, our manager is a double Champions league winner, whose just come from Real Madrid and you're still banging the drum for how you think things should be, it's absolutely mental.

2 up front ? Me ?

Staggering stuff this. Has to be on the wind up.

not at all. I'm not comparing Rafa to Pardew, just saying that even Pardew wouldn't have f***ed up what he have being a bigger and better team and squad than everyone else in this division,  and yes I know we only have this squad because of Rafa, I'm talking purely tactics.

At the risk of stoking the fire/feeding the troll yet more, Pardew's already had a really strong squad in the Championship and it took him two attempts to get them promoted by the skins of their teeth.