Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Considering where he came from?

Unlike most of our shitty squad he came from a country that cultivates excellent footballing ability and a refined attacking approach at good tempo.

Considering where he came from?

Unlike most of our shitty squad he came from a country that cultivates excellent footballing ability and a refined attacking approach at good tempo.

Well clearly I mean the fact it was second division football, not the country.

And I'd far rather we recruit players from that division than Ligue 1 or the Eredivise.

Not bad considering a) where he came from b)his age c)how dogshit our team is

It's been a great season for him all things considered. One of the few players who've acquitted themselves well this year. I'd love to watch him grow as a player for us, but we all know he'll be out the door the second someone comes for him.

The Segunda is a terrible standard like, I watch it every week and it's not even near Championship level in my opinion.

Precisely.

People are talking like everyone playing at Segunda level is another Ayoze ffs  :lol:

I've got a novel idea, why don't we just buy the best players we possible can and not give a fuck about where they come from?

I've got a novel idea, why don't we just buy the best players we possible can and not give a fuck about where they come from?

That's more like a completely pointless and unrealistic idea.

The Segunda is a terrible standard like, I watch it every week and it's not even near Championship level in my opinion.

Precisely.

People are talking like everyone playing at Segunda level is another Ayoze ffs  :lol:

I've got a novel idea, why don't we just buy the best players we possible can and not give a f*** about where they come from?

You are aware that a lot of La Liga youth talent play in Segunda right? because their B teams are there?

Precisely.

I've got a novel idea, why don't we just buy the best players we possible can and not give a f*** about where they come from?

You are aware that a lot of La Liga youth talent play in Segunda right? because their B teams are there?

Fully aware of that, does that make these swathes of spanish youth players suitable for us?

Precisely.

Fully aware of that, does that make these swathes of spanish youth players suitable for us?

Just saying that it's quite likely that Ayoze isn't the only talented player plying his trade in that division. Also suitable for us at this point isn't exactly a high standard :lol:

Precisely.

They mostly play in the third tier of Spanish football, the only B team playing in the Segunda at the moment is Barcelona and they're looking like they'll go down this season.

There are a few La Liga players loaned to the Segunda clubs though.

Precisely.

It doesn't mean trawling the Segunda for Spanish Karl Henry's. It means identifying young talented Spaniards who will be available for a fraction of the price of English players the same age. Like Ayoze. It's not like we bought the only talented youngster in the division and everyone else is shit.

Clearly you don't watch enough championship.  :tongue:

Clearly you don't watch enough championship.  :tongue:

Or Segunda.

Precisely.

They mostly play in the third tier of Spanish football, the only B team playing in the Segunda at the moment is Barcelona and they're looking like they'll go down this season.

Reinforces my point tbh, that La Liga youth talent is playing at an even lower level.

Precisely.

Reinforces my point tbh, that La Liga youth talent is playing at an even lower level.

Been watching far too much Castilla this season. The third tier of Spanish football is fucking full of talents.