Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

The Segunda is a terrible standard like, I watch it every week and it's not even near Championship level in my opinion.

Clearly you don't watch enough championship.  :tongue:

Or Segunda.

It's dreadful man  :lol:

The Segunda is a terrible standard like, I watch it every week and it's not even near Championship level in my opinion.

Precisely.

People are talking like everyone playing at Segunda level is another Ayoze ffs  :lol:

I've got a novel idea, why don't we just buy the best players we possible can and not give a f*** about where they come from?

You are aware that a lot of La Liga youth talent play in Segunda right? because their B teams are there?

They mostly play in the third tier of Spanish football, the only B team playing in the Segunda at the moment is Barcelona and they're looking like they'll go down this season.

Reinforces my point tbh, that La Liga youth talent is playing at an even lower level.

does it? :lol:

You are aware that a lot of La Liga youth talent play in Segunda right? because their B teams are there?

Maybe not so much :lol: but the point that Spain is full of talent and Ayoze won't be the last to come from the lower divisions.

Or Segunda.

Then why do you watch it?

Or Segunda.

Then why do you watch it?

Follow UD Las Palmas, currently watching them now. Ultimate hipster.

Spanish football is miles ahead of English football and I'm not talking about professional leagues.

You realize that watching spanish pub league players or spanish kids playing football on the beach or street.

Precisely.

People are talking like everyone playing at Segunda level is another Ayoze ffs  :lol:

I've got a novel idea, why don't we just buy the best players we possible can and not give a f*** about where they come from?

They mostly play in the third tier of Spanish football, the only B team playing in the Segunda at the moment is Barcelona and they're looking like they'll go down this season.

Reinforces my point tbh, that La Liga youth talent is playing at an even lower level.

does it? :lol:

Maybe not so much :lol: but the point that Spain is full of talent and Ayoze won't be the last to come from the lower divisions.

:lol: was just messing. My only point was that I think it was admirable that he came from there t the PL and stepped up that quickly tbh.

Oh i agree, i'm just impressed he didn't go the way of every other young kid we have brought in :lol:

Liga Adelante is certainly more technical than the C'ship; but it's also very slow and with acres of space for players to exploit - that's actually what makes it pretty watchable.

I'll take a technically superior youngster over a young speedy grafter any day.

:lol: was just messing. My only point was that I think it was admirable that he came from there t the PL and stepped up that quickly tbh.

You're still having to defend your comment mate? :lol: was pretty clear to me - you were giving him props for showing up from a "lower" league in Spain and coming here and adapting so quickly.

Anyhow, I agree - would love for us to be signing tons of young Spanish talent. If we're going French, we generally have picked the right players - they've just been managed by the almighty Alan Pardew and John Coach of the Year Carver. Some of them were more finished articles: Remy, Cabaye, Debuchy - some were still bit raw: Sissoko, MYM etc and then you've got the enigma that is Hatem who we don't need to expand on.

Regarding being so skint - we could have well-had Remy permanently, Grenier, and Lacazette. Probably combined for a couple extra million; 5 max. Idiotic.

It's already been said, but needs to be said time and time again, Ayoze is a very special talent. Some of his improvisations on the ball and use of his balance is off the charts. A little bit different to HBA in terms of style of play, but IMO he's up there with him in the "real baller" stakes.

The only highlight of our miserable season.

Even with our policy of sell for profit they've got to see they've uncovered a diamond here and he needs a couple of seasons before we should sell him. Sell him now and they'll be kicking themselves in a couple of years when he's worth at least double what we'd get for him needs more intelligent and pacey players around him and most importantly a good manager to help him progress.

Find of the season for me and possibly the only thing about NUFC I've felt good about this year.