Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Guest Roger Kint

Good. Helps make Pardew look an ever bigger fraud.

Not sure how, it was public knowledge in the summer that they didnt expect him to feature this season at all as he was likely to play in the development squad. All it shows is we were left short with such garbage he became an important first teamer.

• 3 weeks later...
Manchester City target Ayoze Perez has vowed not to leave Newcastle after insisting he made the right, life-changing decision to join the Magpies 12 months ago.

The 21-year-old Spaniard attracted interest from Real Madrid when he left Tenerife last summer but opted to join Newcastle.

And even though his club endured a difficult campaign and only avoided relegation on the last day of the season, Perez impressed, scoring seven goals and featuring in 36 of their 38 league games.

Newcastle caretaker manager John Carver said City, who are looking to acquire more young players, were admirers of Perez when he said that assistant manager Brian Kidd had asked about the forward.

But Perez is adamant that he wants to stay at St James' Park, telling Diario de Avisos: "Newcastle has changed my life.

"It was a hard decision to leave Tenerife but it is a decision I do not regret having taken -- it was the right one. I'm very happy at Newcastle and I feel overvalued here.

"I don't want to leave. The first 10 weeks were very hard, I had to work hard to get up to speed but I knew that an opportunity to start a game would come with the passage of time."

Perez, who cost Newcastle £1.5 million, scored winners against Tottenham and Liverpool in his debut season in England.

Ryder touting him to go on loan in today's Chronicle as well :lol:

I really don't get why people are persisting with this, he was our best player bar Janmaat last season ffs :lol:

It makes no sense why he wasn't even given a runaround in the last game after saving Carver's bacon with the single point in 10 games, and now neanderthals are considering sending him out on loan. Unbelievable, some people (including our coaching staff).

The only circumstance where it would be acceptable to send Perez out on loan is if we have a massive splurge and sign a load of high quality attacking players that would stop him getting game time.

a) this won't happen

b) I'd rather we develop Perez than take a gamble on a new signing that would block his development. We need more strikers sure but I want Perez to be in the team.

Although Cisse is probably the best out and out striker we have, Perez should start the season as #1 striker for me. Then again, he probably works better as a number 10 behind the main man. Either way, he should be a definite starter.

If I was McClaren, I would be building the team around the likes of Abeid, Aarons and Perez. Even the likes of Haidara and Lascelles too.

Then again, pointless building anything I suppose. If they do well they will be shifted in a seasons time. So depressing.

Cabella, De Jong, Perez behind Cisse seems fairly tasty.

With Sissoko and another DM behind them, and we actually have a pretty decent top 8 attack, its just defence we have to worry about.

Perez isn't a main striker, like. I think he'll end up a de Jong type of player.

:thup:

Think he's got the chops to be a wide forward in a 3-man front three or playing just off a main striker.

• 2 weeks later...