Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Villarreal)

ponsaelius

He's obviously under instruction from Rafa to keep running and don't allow the opponents to settle on the ball too often. It's an absolute key role in our good start the season, he created the first goal because of it and scored the second.

Hence the credit he's getting for working hard. And he should be.

Yes but what if we could find someone who can work hard and play football?

moot point at present really isn't it?

He's obviously under instruction from Rafa to keep running and don't allow the opponents to settle on the ball too often. It's an absolute key role in our good start the season, he created the first goal because of it and scored the second.

Aye, there was a noticeable difference in the high pressing when he went off, allowed them to pin us deeper back.

And had a great game against West Ham. He's not our worst player, that's for sure. He's better than Diame and had a good partnership with Mitro first season when they played together. Last season and this season, that's not the case, but still they have one goal together against West Ham.

He's a bit of a weird one like.

Works hard now (which was always my biggest gripe) but still gets muscled off the ball too easily and gives away possession cheaply too often still.

He's almost completely unable to shoot from distance or put in quality delivery when he gets the chance. I think he's actually a large reason for why we have such a poor pass completion percentage / low number of passes.

Against that, it was obvious how much we missed his workrate and pressing when he went off.

Rafa's got him drilled as to what he wants from a number 10, just think a slight lack of quality on the ball is the issue now.

Then we'd play him. You could say that about the £5m centre forward currently starting as well. Or the £150k goalkeeper, and the right-footed left back from the scrap heap. We have a lot of first team players who aren't good enough at this level, which isn't surprising considering what they cost.

Then we'd play him. You could say that about the £5m centre forward currently starting as well. Or the £150k goalkeeper, and the right-footed left back from the scrap heap. We have a lot of first team players who aren't good enough at this level, which isn't surprising considering what they cost.

I really dont get that he is good at pressing etc - if that was the requirement for our number 10, surely we have better "pressers"? That is literally all he offers - someone running around chasing shadows

We really really don't.

Guest milburn990

I really dont get that he is good at pressing etc - if that was the requirement for our number 10, surely we have better "pressers"? That is literally all he offers - someone running around chasing shadows

Started the move for the first goal and scored the second, nearly an assist when Joselu hit the crossbar, I wish he would chase shadows more often.

Apart from his goal i thought he was poor yesterday.  Again he seemed to find some decent positions but his final ball was terrible or he took too long to do something with it.  It's really frustrating as i thought he'd be a much more incisive player by this stage of his career.

Having said that, i'm willing to stick with him for now as there are signs he could be quality for us - his workrate, strength and ability to find space have all improved under Rafa.  Plus the talent is definitely there - that flick over the defender's head and 1st time through ball to Atsu in the Liverpool game was outrageous!  If he can start giving us more moments like that and add a better goal ratio in the next couple of months then we've got a class player on our hands.  He's got the monkey off his back now with his 1st goal of the season, let's hope he can kick on now.  Rafa has got faith in him so why shouldn't i? ?

Most of the time he's getting muscled off the ball or not finding a pass it's because there's fuck all on for him. He's obviously trying to play on the turn and release the runners but there's rarely anyone there.

Ritchie doesn't get out of defence quick enough to capitalise. Leaves a massive gap that the oposition can ignore and push more men onto the others.

Atsu does but doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as Perez. Couple of times yesterday, Astu started charging down the left when Perez had obviously been forced to show right. Short of a 40yard lobbed backheel, there was no way the ball was going down the left channel.

We can't stop discussing a players merits because we don't have anyone better.

I wouldn't drop him either but he's a weak link in our side and we should look to upgrade. Him "working hard", doesn't cut it for me.

We really really don't.

Play cap'n Jack at #10.

Tripe. Got the strength of a pre-teen, completely over-rated technical ability as well. Plays to me like he doesn't know the position, constantly losing the ball, messing around in possession, falling over, slow and and generally not contributing at all. A proper number 10 surely has to be a priority, would make massive difference to our attacking play, understatement of the century.