The 2014/15 Betting Thread

Kaizero

http://i.imgur.com/e4hCHtJ.png?1

Dem last minute swings. Just when I was celebrating Columbia's 4th bringing the odds up. At least I put 150€ on Greece over 1.5 after the Bony goal which returned 562€.

FUCK OFF GREECE

Apologies for another post on backing/laying and my stupidity on this, but it's the first time I have actually used betfair so I haven't quite got my head around it.

I put £2 on Colombia to win the WC at 60-1 and £2 on Chile to win at 50-1 in the expectation that they were massively overpriced and their odds would come down.  I think their odds are now at 25-1 or something around there. 

Put simply, how do I make any money out of these bets?  I appreciate that isn't going to be very much..

You can mess around with it on Betfair to see what you would get.

Click the blue box on Columbia in the World cup winners market. (Blue is the back,pink is the lay)

Enter £2 and adjust the odds from the current ones to what you backed at (60/1 but will have to be 61.0 as Betfair only uses decimal)

Then click the pink box on Columbia in the same market,keep the odds as they are and just enter random amounts of money and you will see the profit or loss change in the whole market.Remember Betfair takes a 5% commission which you can also have included to your figures in options.

This should get you familiar to how everything works. Just make sure you don't hit return on your keyboard or your bets will be submitted. (Won't matter if you have an un-funded account though as it'll just get cancelled)

Seems quite a brainfuck at first but worth learning as it can be quite profitable once you know where to look for odds movement.

Cheers - ended up cashing in the two bets using the automatic cashout option and basically made nothing.  Think I may have made the wrong decision re cashing in Colombia.. Damn!  Still struggling with betfair - need to start to use it a bit more often to work it out I reckon.

For Chile - because I basically assumed that Brazil will knock them out in the next round so might as well make a tiny amount than nothing.  Colombia because I was lazy and couldn't work out how to only cash out Chile and not Colombia.  Didn't seem to be an option for that unless I missed it.

And... because I bet with tiny amounts of money!

Guest TruToon94

Hundred and ten up and wasn't going to bet again but thought what the hell, Shola will come through.

9 quid on Nigeria to win brings back 82 and a quid on Shola to score last win 16.

Ladbrokes -

As the final group games of the 2014 World Cup are played tonight and tomorrow, the pressure is mounting on teams to qualify.

GET A RISK FREE BET UP TO £25 WHEN YOU BET ON THE REMAINING WORLD CUP GROUP MATCHES!

Place a single or multiple bet up to £25 on any of the remaining group games at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater and we'll give you a FREE BET to the same amount, when your bet is settled... win or lose! Enter promo code WORLDCUP before placing your bet.

Ecuador (17/4) know a win will see them through as they go up against table topping France (4/6) tonight (9pm). There has been over 2.5 goals scored in all of Ecuador's and France's games so far. We're 7/10 over 2.5 goals.

Tomorrow, Algeria (11/4) take on Russia (21/20) (9pm) with the Russians needing the 3 points to stand any chance of going through. In Algeria's matches so far, both teams have scored and with this game likely to be open, there could be a repeat of this. We're 17/20 both teams to score.