The 2014/15 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Guest Roger Kint

Thats the two red hot favourites producing dogshit runs. Neither looked up for it at all, have backed Amazing maria before and it was shite :lol:

Stuck £20 on Integral a few seconds before the off. Went from profit to -£10. Quitting before I lose more of this weekends beer money.

Am I entitled to a refund if I had a £1.50 reverse forecast with integral and the horse that didnt end up running? Says lost in my betting history.

Well.....

I lost about £60 on that nag ante post for the 1000 Guineas.  After being tipped up by all and sundry around Newmarket. Non-runner :lol: Done fuck all since and now does that!

On Cannock Chase e/w antepost at 16/1 in the next.  Fancy Western Hymn for the win though.

Guest Roger Kint

Thought Bronze Angel was going to come in there, just ran out plus was clipped by the faller too. Pretty shit day all round

Guest Roger Kint

King Bolete, Capel Path, Mizzou, Curvy - ew L15

Got a treble & acca on favs inc Pleascach & Log Out Island in both in the daft hope KOR doesnt live up to the odds on price.

I was doing terribly yesterday.  Place laid Cannock Chase, so effectively got my £20 back and a tiny profit and then decided to have it on Free Eagle.  I also apparently had a £3 double with that and Acapulco that I forgot about :lol:

I was on Spark Plug in the big handicap.  That didn't go too well :lol: glad the horse and jockey are ok though. 

Finished off the day by having a fiver e/w on Osaila and £12.50 each way on Jellicle Ball. 

In short, my day was saved by two photo finishes and went from being about 50 down (was betting mostly profit and not depositing) to having just shy of £300 back across Betfair and Skybet.

Today looks tough and not a big punting day.  So naturally, I've staked about 100 odd quid  :laugh:

2.30 - KoR (multiples), Log Out Island (sky bet money back offer)

3.05 - Time Test, Disegno (e/w)

3.40 - Curvy, Pleascach (multiples)

4.20 - No bet.... Yet......

5.00 - No Bet.  I like Sahaafy, though.

5.35 - Dissolution

King of Rooks

Peacock

Pleascach

Trip to Paris

Sahaafry

Marmas Boy

50p E/W Alphabet (£26 stake). That's all I'm backing today and this is the first time I have placed this bet type. Hopefully get at least a couple of winners/place.

Guest GallowgateKev

Areet lads,

these are the "tips" I've been giving for today.

The lad who knows his stuff and has me about £200 up so far.

I'm not saying they will come nor is he but do what you wish with the help...

This is what I tentatively fancy for today:

14:30 – King of Rocks and Ajaya for an each way outsider

15:05 – Time Test and Don Camillo

15:40 – Gretchen as an each way shout. Fav may bolt up but not at 11/10 for me

16:20 – Simenon and Tac du Boistron

17:00 – Bit of a lottery here but I like Capel Path and Udodontu both each way

17:35 – Dissolution and Space Age.

Happy betting and good luck with whatever you choose

2.30pm - King of Rooks. Can it get beat? The form says no with the Sandown win the strongest form line by a mile. Bet of the week for me.

3.05pm - No bet.

3.40pm - Pleascach. Jim Bolger wouldn't be running her if she didn't get the trip. A good form line to follow is Bocca Baciata - BB beat Pleascach in April at Navan, before Pleascach reversed the form in the Irish 1,000 Guineas. If BB runs well today, I might lump on Pleascach.

4.20pm - Vent De Force. Small E/W bet for some interest in this race. VDF was 2 length behind Mizzou in April at Ascot over 2m. Extra half mile will help VDF in my opinion and I expect a place.

5.00pm - Good luck if anyone wants to try and pick a winner in this one. Best off asking your lass to pick pretty colours.

5.35pm - Might have an E/W play on Scottish if I'm not bankrupt by the last race.

Good luck to all :thup:

People possibly overreacting to the Sandown form a bit.  Log Out Island also beat Buratino by 5 lengths over course and distance.  The money has been coming for this all day and Hannon says he can't split the pair.  Not that I listen to much he says anyway.  Only the one start, as oppose to KoR's two, so possibly even more scope for improvement from him as well.

King of Rooks is now an uneasy favourite and got stall 1 and the rail at Sandown, which counts for a lot.  I would still just about side with him.  But it's a pretty closely matched contest and the more I look at it, the more I'm unsure.

Guest Roger Kint

People possibly overreacting to the Sandown form a bit.  Log Out Island also beat Buratino by 5 lengths over course and distance.  The money has been coming for this all day and Hannon says he can't split the pair.  Not that I listen to much he says anyway.  Only the one start, as oppose to KoR's two, so possibly even more scope for improvement from him as well.

King of Rooks is now an uneasy favourite and got stall 1 and the rail at Sandown, which counts for a lot.  I would still just about side with him.  But it's a pretty closely matched contest and the more I look at it, the more I'm unsure.

I couldnt really get the KOR appeal based on such similar form mind. Stupid bloody Buick burning the horse out there though. Ryan Moore can get fucked :lol:

Aye.  Ryan Moore.  Fuck off :lol:

Have my fair share of winners backing him of course.  But passed on GM Hopkins yesterday, in favour of Spark Plug and now this!  If that wasn't AOB and Moore, that would have been about 33/1.  No chance on form, but bookies still run scared.  Just like the old Frankie factor.

Guest Roger Kint

The 3rd in the betting was 20/1(Ajaar) this morning but with KOR losing all favour as the morning went on the field didnt half come back to the main two. Fucking sick at that result, no need to go that fast the pricks. Treble is flat and ew acca on its knees.

Time Test in the next.  Good job I have Disegno each way.  The greedy fucker Moore will probably win again :lol:

He's actually a really nice bloke.  Spoke to him briefly at Brighton races once and know a fair few people who say he's really sound.  Just shy in front of the media.