The 2014/15 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Guest Roger Kint

Colombia let me down.

Same, France on Saturday & Colombia yesterday cost me about £400 overall

:thup:

Not quite the same but had equal stakes on Chile before 40:00 @ evens and Mexico before 80:00 @ 6/5. Will do nicely.

Edit: and again with Chile to score the 3rd before 70:00 @ 6/4. Certain games just bring money in-play, this is one of them.

Was Lord of the Rock mentioned in here? It's a Dods horse and I've tracked it for some reason. Anyway running in the 5.20 at Thirsk.

Dods has got a runner in the Kings Stand at Ascot today as well. Mecca's Angel - it's not without a chance but always a tricky race to pick the winner of.

Guest Roger Kint

Was Lord of the Rock mentioned in here? It's a Dods horse and I've tracked it for some reason. Anyway running in the 5.20 at Thirsk.

Dods has got a runner in the Kings Stand at Ascot today as well. Mecca's Angel - it's not without a chance but always a tricky race to pick the winner of.

Have backed MA although fully expect it to be well short, not least as the ground is becoming increasingly unsuitable. Also Kommander Kirkup as half my L15

£25 on Night of Thunder in the Queen Anne.  Money back as a free bet when the nag inevitably loses to Able Friend and/or Solow.  But they're both short enough and I'll be staking more than £25 at Ascot this week!  So a bet to nothing really.

Air Force Blue and Finnegan in the Coventry, got both at 7/1.  Round Two far too short to do as a single IMO. 

I think Sole Power will get his hat trick of King's Stands wins up and have got him in a few multiples and on the nose, but may also do a single on Shamal Wind, though.  As she apparently has a similar running style to Sole Power, in going for home late.  May just mug him on the line if good enough.  Have to respect the Aussie sprinters when they come over here.

Gleneagles no sort of price.  As much as he should win, I have a feeling Consort may end up being a very good horse and could beat him here.  No bet. 

The last two races are a pin job and I won't be partaking.

Skybet - refund of up to £25 as a free bet if your horse doesn't win the 2.30.

£25 on Able Friend @ 11/4

PP MBS on that race too

If your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd in this race, we'll refund your losing single stake as a free bet Conditions

Max refund EUR/GBP 50 per customer per race.

Guest GallowgateKev

Anyone got any bets on?

If anyone fancies a flutter open an account with Coral and you'll get 7/1 on Gleneagles, should win with ease really.

Odd's will show up as 6/4 but they're paying out 7/1.

Also a nice Solow and Gleneagle double @ 7/2 worth a punt.

I've got a few bets on today so hopefully a pay day to come!

From the betting thread:

£25 on Night of Thunder in the Queen Anne.  Money back as a free bet when the nag inevitably loses to Able Friend and/or Solow.  But they're both short enough and I'll be staking more than £25 at Ascot this week!  So a bet to nothing really.

Air Force Blue and Finnegan in the Coventry, got both at 7/1.  Round Two far too short to do as a single IMO. 

I think Sole Power will get his hat trick of King's Stands wins up and have got him in a few multiples and on the nose, but may also do a single on Shamal Wind, though.  As she apparently has a similar running style to Sole Power, in going for home late.  May just mug him on the line if good enough.  Have to respect the Aussie sprinters when they come over here.

Gleneagles no sort of price.  As much as he should win, I have a feeling Consort may end up being a very good horse and could beat him here.  No bet. 

The last two races are a pin job and I won't be partaking.

I'm going on Friday/Saturday.  So trying not to go too mental until then.  Was at Sandown for a mate's birthday on Saturday and won plenty though.  So I won't feel quite as guilty if/when I lose shit loads this week  :lol:

Love this meeting though.  The form stacks up, you usually get decent ground and you get the best horses from around the world competing for shit loads of money.  You usually get some bankers that can be doubled/trebled up and some nice value in bigger fields as well. 

Made £1100 at this meeting last year and I'm not a big stakes player or anything.  If I make £100 this year I'll be happy, just enjoy the high class racing.

Just posted in the betting thread I've gone £25 on Able Friend using SkyBet's refund if your horse loses offer.

Also got an e/w yankee on:

Toormore

Air Force Blue

Muthmir

Make Believe

Solow and Gleneagles really should win on all known form although the Hong Kong challenger in the first is a bit of an unknown quantity.

Coventry Stakes - Round Two has been backed well in ante-post markets and Bolger rates the horse highly. Hasn't looked visually top class in first couple of runs but has ran all the way to the line on both occasions. There is a lot of potential improvers in the race and I fancy Qeyaadah to run a big race at a big price.

Kings Stand - Another open race but I'll be having a speculative couple of quid on the Dods runner, Mecca's Angel.

The other races don't interest me from a betting perspective but it'll be interesting to see how the yank horse goes in the Windsor Castle.

Guest GallowgateKev

Couldn't find a betting thread :-\... Anyway Ascot deserves it's on thread!

Deffo going with that queen bet  :lol: :lol: :lol: