The 2014/15 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Well, today went swimmingly.  Trip to Paris and Simenon e/w in the Gold Cup.

Time Test and Curvy earlier. 

Tenner each way on War Envoy, courtesy of Noodles (cheers lad) along with a load of no hoper e/w bets.

Tenner each way saver on Space Age at 12/1 and £6.50 e/w on Dutch Uncle (last :lol:) to cover my Dissolution bet and double from earlier.

I think I'm about £400 up.  With most my bets staked for tomorrow.  Plus multiples and a £20 double for Saturday.

Bring on Ascot and all the lovely hats.  Win or lose, I'm getting hammered tomorrow.  Already got £50 on Hootenanny at 5/1.  Might go in again........

At 11am I was sat in my kegs after a nightshift. By 1300 I was stood at Royal Ascot as my dad had a spare ticket. Loved it!

Betting side not so much. Lost £20 which isn't bad, but should've won as I asked for Trip To Paris and they printed a different horse. Dozy me didn't check as the race was just starting  :lol:

After a steady day betting at Ascot,  I've had a superb evening betting at Ffos Las, Leicester and Lingfield. £420 in profit for the day - think a trip to Paddy Power shop is in order tomorrow - hate having money in cyberspace waiting to hit my bank.

Thanks to this thread, today I lost ~£40 and won ~£40 on the races at ascot :lol:

I know absolutely nothing about horse racing, but with this thread and a couple of completely randomly chosen "tip" accounts on twitter, it was actually quite fun.  Maybe I can make profit tomorrow  :smug: (or not)

Guest Roger Kint

Todays losers - Tutu Nguru, Limato, Arabiam Queen, Astronereus - ew L15

Treble on Stravagante, Hootanenanny, Lucida

Just seen Dods has 14 runners listed for tomorrow across 3/4 courses, am never going to find the 1/2 winners out of all that :lol:

10 of Dods' last 15 runners have finished second :lol:

Might do all sorts of combinations with his runners tomorrow as they're clearly running well. Surely it's only a matter of time before he starts banging the winners in again.

Guest GallowgateKev

So yesterday was a bit disappointing until the last two races with a 14/1 place and 11/1 winner, as well as one during the day so profit overall.

Going with these today:

2:30 – Tutu Nguru and Fireglow – Each way

3:05 – Ol’ Man River – Joseph O’Brien was on the last 4 times and Ryan Moore now gets the ride. Similar profile to War Envoy yesterday and may well be much better with  proper jockey on, not the trainer’s son.

3:45 – Limato and Anthem Alexander - each way

4:20 – Ervedya

5:00 – Watersmeet and Gold Trail

5:35 – Yarrow and Antiquariam

3:05 – Ol’ Man River – Joseph O’Brien was on the last 4 times and Ryan Moore now gets the ride. Similar profile to War Envoy yesterday and may well be much better with  proper jockey on, not the trainer’s son.

What a load of shit :lol: Absolutely nothing wrong with Joseph O'Brien. He gets top rides based on ability not because he's the "trainers son".

Guest Roger Kint

10 of Dods' last 15 runners have finished second :lol:

Might do all sorts of combinations with his runners tomorrow as they're clearly running well. Surely it's only a matter of time before he starts banging the winners in again.

:lol: Its insane really. Theres a few we can instantly dismiss mind, Mass rally has been generally woeful for ages among others. Doesnt help when most odds are too short for some bang average horses he has. Clearly i will end up with two L15's on mind :lol:

According to Racing Post and GG, he's only got 8 entries left in for tomorrow.

Be interesting to see what horses he brings to Newcastle for plate meeting next week. I'm not going next Saturday as it's far too busy for a bore like me, but going to head up on Friday night and spend some pennies. See if I can manage to pick up some more information from Owners and Trainers bar or Members Bar.

Guest Roger Kint

According to Racing Post and GG, he's only got 8 entries left in for tomorrow.

Be interesting to see what horses he brings to Newcastle for plate meeting next week. I'm not going next Saturday as it's far too busy for a bore like me, but going to head up on Friday night and spend some pennies. See if I can manage to pick up some more information from Owners and Trainers bar or Members Bar.

I am in the Grandstand for Plate day, first time in 3/4 years now.

Looking at the entires now, Mass Rally, Aprovado, Dragon King and the couple of shit ones from redcar are all gone.

Guest GallowgateKev

What a load of shit :lol: Absolutely nothing wrong with Joseph O'Brien. He gets top rides based on ability not because he's the "trainers son".

Just info from a mate...

What a load of s*** :lol: Absolutely nothing wrong with Joseph O'Brien. He gets top rides based on ability not because he's the "trainers son".

Just info from a mate...

:thup: There's nowt wrong with JoB.

Guest GallowgateKev

I've backed my own horses anyway, his tips have done me alright this week though, probably about £180 up after yesterday!

Hopefully a nice profit today