The 2014/15 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Well yeah. If you don't look at form tables and s*** you're looking to lose. :lol:

I meant previous events from years ago. Because saying it's like throwing away money betting on Messi in the international stage is clearly that. I mean he scored 10 goals in qualifiers which is the most recent event from the international stage.

Guest neesy111

Messi is overrated. Wouldn't cut it in the Premier League.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Especially on a wet tuesday night at Stoke.

Well yeah. If you don't look at form tables and s*** you're looking to lose. :lol:

I meant previous events from years ago. Because saying it's like throwing away money betting on Messi in the international stage is clearly that. I mean he scored 10 goals in qualifiers which is the most recent event from the international stage.

He's not been in great shape for Barca this season. Scores a lot less regularily for Argentina and has done shit tournaments up to now. No proper signs it'll turn around this time other than the fact his name is Lionel Messi. It's the same argument as Rooney, he's not doing it for England on the main stage. He scores in qualifiers and friendlies, sure. But on the main stage? He goes missing. He's a great player for his club team, and because his name is Wayne Rooney people always expect that to translate to the International stage as well. But it doesn't always work like that. On the other side of the spectrum you have Miroslav Klose who is an absolute beast Internationally but never lived up to that reputation on club level.

Straight forecast -

Brazil - Croatia

Spain - Holland

Colombia - I.Coast

France-Switzerland

Argentina - Bosnia

Germany - Portugal

Belgium - Russia

Placed on it £1 which I found on the floor.  Funny if it'd return £2048. :yao:

Straight forecast -

Brazil - Croatia

Spain - Holland

Colombia - I.Coast

France-Switzerland

Argentina - Bosnia

Germany - Portugal

Belgium - Russia

Placed on it £1 which I found on the floor.  Funny if it'd return £2048. :yao:

Think Holland could let you down.

Just made my bets for now.

Laid Brazil v Croatia £35. Returns £100 if Brazil doesn't win. (will lay them even harder against Mexico if they don't win :lol: jinxing all the way, I'm gonna come out with money or happiness)

Laid Brazil qualify from group. £5 returns £100

Spain (vHolland), Chile (vAustralia), Uruguay (vCRica), France (vHonduras), Argentina (vBosnia), Holland (vAustralia), Italy (vCRica), Argentina (vIran), Germany (vGhana), Spain (vAustralia), England (vCRica), Ivory Coast (vJapan), Colombia (vGreece) £10 returns £1700

England x (vItaly), Switzerland (vEcuador), Germany (vPortugal), Russia (vSouthKorea), Italy (vCRica), Argies (vIran), Mexico (vCameroon), Chile (vAustralia). £5 returns £1000

Basically putting money on Costa Rica and Australia leaving with 0 points. Spain and Argies qualifying easily from their group. Then some to put the odds up. Doesn't look completely impossible.

Have some other bets and will put some more long-term. Germany is 1.5x to reach quarterfinals, which I think they will.

Well yeah. If you don't look at form tables and shit you're looking to lose. :lol: Looking at Messis form for Argentina = Not a good bet for the Argentina top scorer.

His form for Argentina under Sabella is 19 goals and 13 assists in 19 games. He's been the most 'in form' international player anywhere over the last 3 years.

Well yeah. If you don't look at form tables and shit you're looking to lose. :lol: Looking at Messis form for Argentina = Not a good bet for the Argentina top scorer.

His form for Argentina under Sabella is 19 goals and 13 assists in 19 games. He's been the most 'in form' international player anywhere over the last 3 years.

We'll see after the WC if I'm right or wrong regarding it being a bad bet betting for him as Argentina's top scorer in the WC. I maintain it is. I can fully understand why some wouldn't. But we'll see. I think Messi is the best active player in the world, but the reasons I'd not bet on him at the WC are the same reasons why I wouldn't bet on Rooney.

Well yeah. If you don't look at form tables and s*** you're looking to lose. :lol: Looking at Messis form for Argentina = Not a good bet for the Argentina top scorer.

We'll see after the WC if I'm right or wrong regarding it being a bad bet betting for him as Argentina's top scorer in the WC. I maintain it is. I can fully understand why some wouldn't. But we'll see. I think Messi is the best active player in the world, but the reasons I'd not bet on him at the WC are the same reasons why I wouldn't bet on Rooney.

Like I said earlier, that's absolutely fair enough, it's jsut that you said you were looking in form rather than previous big tournaments which is exactly what you are doing. In terms of international form he's clearly a favourite to win it. I wouldn't bet on him either because of the other players there like Higuain, Palacios, Lavezzi, Di Maria and Aguero who can all score goals.

Coral giving away £20 to new customers, 2/1 for Brazil to wear yellow on Thursday.

?

2/1? They are wearing yellow. WTF? Been confirmed by FFIA already no?

*ah right max-bet £10. Says it all.

Coral giving away £20 to new customers, 2/1 for Brazil to wear yellow on Thursday.

?

2/1? They are wearing yellow. WTF? Been confirmed by FFIA already no?

*ah right max-bet £10. Says it all.

Says it all? They're literally just giving people £20. :lol: