Pierre-Michel Lasogga

Guest ManDoon

Hope we'll get him. Would be a great addition

You've seen him play? How's he like?

He basically kept Hamburg up and was their talisman during the relegation battle.

Van der Vaart was basically what was Owen for us during the season - a captain not taking responsibiliy nor doing his talking on the pitch - Lasogga did it.

He's a really good striker, good in the box and I believe he would be a great player for us (for half a season or so anyway :lol: )

:laugh:

Lone striker, target man or works best in a front two (maybe with Cisse)?

Hope we'll get him. Would be a great addition

You've seen him play? How's he like?

He basically kept Hamburg up and was their talisman during the relegation battle.

Van der Vaart was basically what was Owen for us during the season - a captain not taking responsibiliy nor doing his talking on the pitch - Lasogga did it.

He's a really good striker, good in the box and I believe he would be a great player for us (for half a season or so anyway :lol: )

:laugh:

Played often as a lone striker for Hamburg in those matches I've seen with VdV behind him.

@GraemeBailey: Sky Sports understands that Newcastle are hoping to agree a deal for Pierre-Michel Lasogga this week. http://t.co/bOgZixBKE1

So are Hertha and Hamburg though, I have no idea who this guy is except he has had one decent season.  I remember the day when I had at least heard of our transfer targets.

@GraemeBailey: Sky Sports understands that Newcastle are hoping to agree a deal for Pierre-Michel Lasogga this week. http://t.co/bOgZixBKE1

So are Hertha and Hamburg though, I have no idea who this guy is except he has had one decent season.  I remember the day when I had at least heard of our transfer targets.

Hertha is actually his parent club. He was sent on loan to Hamburg last season.

Played often as a lone striker for Hamburg in those matches I've seen with VdV behind him.

Ah bugger. I see where our scouting has broken down. Carr will have passed this onto Ashley by telephone and the fat man will have just heard Lasogga is a "loan striker". No wonder we're interested. :(

His transfer value on Transfermarket is 10M euros.way out of our price range

We'll make our obligatory 7m euro offer, safe in the knowledge that it won't be accepted.  Can't have us paying over the odds for a player you know.  Think of the balance sheet ffs!!!

Would be pleased if we got this fella but I hold virtually no hope that we will. He sounds too good for us to get.

I haven't seen him at all, but he played for Hamburg last season and the competition seems to be us and them :lol:

Not exactly dealing with sovereign states here, if we can't compete with a team who nearly got relegated in Germany last year.

Then who can we compete with? might as well say that Yannick Bolasie from Palace sounds far too good for us.

Would be pleased if we got this fella but I hold virtually no hope that we will. He sounds too good for us to get.

I haven't seen him at all, but he played for Hamburg last season and the competition seems to be us and them :lol:

Not exactly dealing with sovereign states here, if we can't compete with a team who nearly got relegated in Germany last year.

Then who can we compete with? might as well say that Yannick Bolasie from Palace sounds far too good for us.

Hamburg are a great club tbh, probably a German equivalent to ourselves except they have never been in the second division.