The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Guest Howaythetoon

Cronaldo = title winning Blackburn

Zidane = KK's entertainers

Messi = Fergie's Man Utd

Me, naturally I prefer KK's entertainers!

By the way, of all the great players there has been in the time I've been following football, two of the best live were Henry and Bergkamp.

Robbie Fowler was also something special when he first came onto the scene. I liken him to Romario in regards to how he made scoring goals and getting into scoring positions look so easy and straight forward. Cole for us was similar. It was bang bang bang goal goal goal.

Shearer you sensed had to work that bit harder to get on the score sheet, or rather it looked that way.

Back to Cronaldo, I don't think there has been a player who has went from being very good to being absolute great in such a short space of time, his game improved ten-fold. I don't think I've seen a more dedicated professional either when it comes to fitness and technique. The man is a machine.

We've been blessed talent wise over the last 20 years. Around Maradona's time I don't think there were that many great players, certainly not as many as there has been over the last few decades.

I love players like Zidane because the guy's footballing brain was just urgh! When you watch these types, they just run things, and make the right decisions with the ball. The team on the whole just functions a 100 times better because of their play.

I don't really see that with someone like the current Ronaldo. The guy is very single minded, and accumulates some gaudy stats due to this. He is an immense talent for sure, but it's a different approach to the game I think.

Not really the mindset of players like Zidane I don't think. I will always prefer the likes of Zidane though for sure.

Well, that was quite ungood.

Don't think VdB has a clue of how to fix this, his late changes were quite nonsensical.

Maybe time to start the 'Paco Jemez for the national team campaign'.

Wow, just read on the new changes to the Argie league. Absolutely boneheaded stuff.

What's that?

30-team league, every team plays against each other just once, and then you have an extra game against your "historic rivals" - if you don't have one you play against the team closest to you. Relegation as they've been doing it (lowest 3-season average points gets relegated). They also add an extra tournament that only past league winners will take part into (18).

Wow, just read on the new changes to the Argie league. Absolutely boneheaded stuff.

What's that?

30-team league, every team plays against each other just once, and then you have an extra game against your "historic rivals" - if you don't have one you play against the team closest to you. Relegation as they've been doing it (lowest 3-season average points gets relegated). They also add an extra tournament that only past league winners will take part into (18).

So weird :lol: is it an extra way to stop the big teams go down?

Costa should be playing for Brazil. The bloke is a c***.

I wish. With him we'd finally have a decent nr 9 since Adriano. Luis Fabiano was good as well, but Diego feels like a step above. Fucking Spain. Senna, Thiago, Diego Costa, now Rodrigo as well. or rather, fucking CBF that seem unable to convince anyone :lol: