The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

The mackems' consistent ineptitude has played its part in keeping Pardew in a job, or at least keeping most of the natives from getting restless. No excuse for how disgustingly shit they are every single year.

Berahino looks like a prime candidate to be the next young player to fuck off to a rich club and not play.

The story of Rickie Lambert is excellent and tragic. Worked his way up every division until he finally made it to the highest echelon, warming the bench at a top club and media darling. It's the dream.

What a wally.

Well, that was about what I expected to be honest. But this is a marathon, not a sprint, and I expect us to improve quite a bit throughout the season.

Why in the name of god did Mathieu play at LB? At first I thought he wanted it so he could balance it out a la Pep with Abidal there, but Mathieu was the most advanced of the four. Thought it was absolutely horrible decision against the pace of Reals counter-attack. Thought Alba was needed and that Rakitic should've started as well instead of Xavi.

Only positive you can take from yesterday is that Neymar scored again, Messi still looked his old-self on the ball and the lack of movement killed it for him and Suarez looked fit, but not match-fit.