The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Well, that was about what I expected to be honest. But this is a marathon, not a sprint, and I expect us to improve quite a bit throughout the season.

weird game, you lost it for me in the wide areas with marcelo and the other lads tearing you to shreds down both flanks but you offered sweet FA yourselves in the same areas at the other end of the pitch

lost count how many times mathieu especially (but also alves) got forward into good positions and did nothing with it

interesting your positive take on things, i didn't take a lot of positives from that for you once you went behind, in particular what are you going to do with CM?  seems to me you look a significant amount of class and dynamism in there, they were far to static and slow yesterday

Mathieu had a good game imho. Xavi shouldn't play in this kind of big games unless he's part of a four-man midfield. I would have started Rakitic instead of Suárez and thrown in Suárez in the second half.

Yeah I don't agree, Mathieu looked out of breath after two or three forward runs and couldn't contain James at all. Gave James too much space and time on the ball as Neymar wasn't covering the left flank either.

Agreed with mrmojorisin, although I do think that the midfield has been good during the season when it's been Busquets behind Iniesta and Rakitic. Should be the starting trio without a doubt, without Rakitic there is like you say no dynamism there no movement at all.

Rakitic didn't play, he has been class and brings everything you think we lack: class and dynamism. But was weirdly dropped for Xavi.

And I'm not "positive", we were outclassed. It's just that I do believe there's more than what was on show yersterday, and we'll get better throughout the season.

Did Koeman play with Hughes at Barca?

Id say there was a good 5 years or so between Hughes and Koeman at Barca.

:thup:

They just seemed to be very friendly with each other on the touchline before the game so thought it might have been that. Bit before my time

VI you did say watching the game with your real supporting friends was a bad idea

It's just that my record of watching it together with Real-supporting friends is pretty awful; even during the times when we were beating them senseless I always seemed to catch the odd draw or the La Copa defeat :lol:

MUFC: De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Fellaini, Januzaj, Di Maria, Mata, van Persie

subs: Lindegaard, Blackett, Fletcher, Carrick, Herrera, A.Pereira, Wilson

CFC: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry ©, Filipe Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Drogba

subs: Cech, Zouma, Ake, Mikel, Baker, Salah, Schurrle