The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Put Aguero in my fantasy team as captain this week and all of a sudden he loses the ability to stand up, in much the same way as I'd expect from Heskey.

I know Southampton have done well no matter what happens after the nightmare run of fixtures coming up, but I think this game is an indication that after that run we'll know exactly how good they really are.

I know Southampton have done well no matter what happens after the nightmare run of fixtures coming up, but I think this game is an indication that after that run we'll know exactly how good they really are.

Issue is, the signs were there against Villa. Watched that game and they were very poor, didn't deserve more than a point against a terrible Villa side with zero confidence. So this probably isn't a massive surprise.

Not saying they don't have the quality to trouble the "top" teams but it's a mentality issue. They were up against it today and had absolutely no answer, albeit I thought Man City were quietly impressive.

Issue is, the signs were there against Villa. Watched that game and they were very poor, didn't deserve more than a point against a terrible Villa side with zero confidence. So this probably isn't a massive surprise.

Not saying they don't have the quality to trouble the "top" teams but it's a mentality issue. They were up against it today and had absolutely no answer, albeit I thought Man City were quietly impressive.

It's a question really of how their confidence will be by mid January where their fixtures really start to normalise again.  Provided they grab a couple of wins and a few draws between now and then they'll still have a good points tally.  At that point it's how they go on from that run.  If they play like they did at the start of the season they can ruffle some feathers.  If they don't then they'll probably be more top 8ish material, which is still a good season.  The signs of losing form have definitely been there though, as you say.

Besic hasn't really done much. Hasn't been great, liable to get sent off but is still etched into the hearts of many an Everton fan after his inspired first touch for us being a nonchalant no-look backheel to Didier Drogba for Chelsea's 6th.