The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Why isn't there any cup games on the TV tomorrow? Seems ridiculous at best.

Also, what's the new craic of spreading the games out so they never end like the Euros?

Think we are only 1 of 3 PL clubs playing tomorrow. All the games (except for one) on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday involve PL clubs, so it must just be for TV to drum up interest in the Cup. Doesn't seem fair with the fixture list so congested, to give some clubs an extra day or two off.

Is there no FA cup games on the box today?

Apologies just seen above, wtf is the point in that? Magic of the cup right there. Ffs.

Think it's great, actually. Hopefully more people will go to local games.

Could have had some lower league games on 2-3 domestic channels giving them a nice pay day to take in to the rest of the season, whilst also getting their faces out there to get people to games. The buzz and hype surrounding TV games actually increase attendances not hinder them for smaller clubs.

Perfect chance to boost the cups profile for helping out smaller teams totally wasted today.

Apologies just seen above, wtf is the point in that? Magic of the cup right there. Ffs.

Could have had some lower league games on 2-3 domestic channels giving them a nice pay day to take in to the rest of the season, whilst also getting their faces out there to get people to games. The buzz and hype surrounding TV games actually increase attendances not hinder them for smaller clubs.

Perfect chance to boost the cups profile for helping out smaller teams totally wasted today.

I was talking to Gateshead's finance director and he said they're only getting 40k from the West Brom game, which is nowt compared to what they could have had.

Graeme Swann just on Football Focus as token Blythe Spartans celebrity fan. Said, "I'm here because I support Newcastle but they don't try to win cups any more": BURN!

Man has a point.

:giggs:

Guest firetotheworks

My word, this Maths of the Day thing is really showing how thick it's all become.

The chances of meeting another team is 1 in the amount of teams left in the bag...and that needs to be said? :anguish:

My word, this Maths of the Day thing is really showing how thick it's all become.

The chances of meeting another team is 1 in the amount of teams left in the bag...and that needs to be said? :anguish:

Groundbreaking stuff tbh; answers a lot of questions for me  :lol:

I was talking to Gateshead's finance director and he said they're only getting 40k from the West Brom game, which is nowt compared to what they could have had.

What could they have had? From what? You know what they got for their home game in the 2nd round? Obviously 3rd round is the magical mark when it comes to interest.

No reason we couldn't have had Blyth vs Brum and say Tranmere vs Swansea on the TV today. Build up the magic of the cup whilst giving the smaller home team a chance to get some extra coin. Even ITV2 or BBC3 cold have made a nice difference for them, especially Blyth.

I was hoping to sit with the bairn and get him to watch some of these types of games instead of it being all about Manu vs Chelsea and top 4 games. Show him what makes today an important part of the football calendar. Instead we'll play lego batman on the PS4. :(