The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

We see some tosh, but watching Villa week in week out must be relentlessly grim.

Twelfth though and won some games of recent so they best not complain, ungrateful bastards.

To be serious though, 11 goals in 20 games is fucking pathetic.

We see some tosh, but watching Villa week in week out must be relentlessly grim.

Twelfth though and won some games of recent so they best not complain, ungrateful bastards.

To be serious though, 11 goals in 20 games is fucking pathetic.

Only the top 4 have conceded fewer. They're not shit they're just tight at the back. etc.

Guest firetotheworks

It's not just that Mike Jones is shocking, it's that he's shocking but has such a shitty, arrogant look on his face when he's questioned.

Wonder what Mourinho will come out with tonight to take the heat off his players.

Such sore losers

Can't wait to hear the BS Mourinho comes up with after this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2893682/Jose-Mourinho-loses-touchline-Chelsea-boss-refuses-comment.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2893805/Referee-Phil-Dowd-good-performance-Tottenham-beat-Chelsea-5-3.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I've always really liked Mourinho...I just wish he wasn't so much of a cunt :lol:. I mean, I get that it's deliberate bullshit, but it still smells terrible.

Wonder what Mourinho will come out with tonight to take the heat off his players.

Such sore losers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2893682/Jose-Mourinho-loses-touchline-Chelsea-boss-refuses-comment.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2893805/Referee-Phil-Dowd-good-performance-Tottenham-beat-Chelsea-5-3.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I've always really liked Mourinho...I just wish he wasn't so much of a cunt :lol:. I mean, I get that it's deliberate bullshit, but it still smells terrible.

Being a cunt is basically his main trait. You can't like him and then say you don't like that he's a cunt :lol:

Such sore losers

I've always really liked Mourinho...I just wish he wasn't so much of a c*** :lol:. I mean, I get that it's deliberate bullshit, but it still smells terrible.

Being a c*** is basically his main trait. You can't like him and then say you don't like that he's a c*** :lol:

:lol: Yeah, I know, I can't justify it. I mean, he's basically being Alex Ferguson, who I detested - I just always have a soft spot for Jose.

Speaking of c**ts:

Oh God, it's finally happened. Spurs are better than us.

Not true, but nice to hear.

Guest firetotheworks

How are you feeling about Spurs at the moment leffe? Whenever I've watched you I haven't been overly convinced tbh.

How are you feeling about Spurs at the moment leffe? Whenever I've watched you I haven't been overly convinced tbh.

You've been watching me? :lol:.

Well at the moment I feel pretty good ;), but then we're not like you lot, we never beat Chelsea at home whereas you usually do.

I said something about this on our boards a couple of weeks ago. We have been really frustrating for the most part, but I have to remind myself that we're such a young side. This was our team against Burnley:

01 Lloris aged 27

02 Walker 24

21 Fazio 27

05 Vertonghen 27

33 Davies Booked 21

42 Bentaleb 20

38 Mason 23 (Stambouli - 44' (24) )

11 Lamela 22

23 Eriksen 22 (Rose - 93' (24) )

22 Chadli 25

18 Kane 21 (Soldado - 84' (29) )

I mean, they're so bloody young - average age of the starters was 23.5. It's no wonder we have been erratic. I hope they get the chance to grow together, because today shows what can be achieved. I'm not expecting top four this year, or a trophy, but there have been glimpses of what could happen if players like Kane, Bentaleb and Eriksen keep developing. There is a strong group of kids waiting in the wings too - I expect Pritchard (on loan to Brentford), Veljkovic and Fredericks (Middlesbrough) and Yedlin to play squad roles next year.

We have been extremely lucky at times this year, but that said, it's not a coincidence that we have scored so many late goals. I cannot remember ever being bottom of the injury league (although Mason today might ruin that) - and Poch is clearly doing something right on the training ground as far as fitness goes. It's usually like this - when a new manager comes in he has some people who buy in, some who don't, and some who can't. It takes at least a year for things to really start moving in the direction he wants. I hope we're getting there, but there is still some dead wood.

Did Kane come out of nowhere or have you been waiting years for this?

We worried about his lack of pace. If you watched him closely, his first few appearances (subs, Europe etc) were bizarre - he did a lot of good things but just seemed destined not to score. He would have an open goal and hit it against a defender's arse, do some great work to create a shooting opportunity then scuff it wide, square it when he should have just blasted it into the net. I thought that either (a) he'd finally get a goal and then never stop scoring or (b) he'd just disappear. Luckily, it seems to have been the former.

As someone said, he doesn't seem to be amazing at anything, he's just good at everything. You look at somebody like Sterling and see what his strengths and weaknesses are, but Kane doesn't seem to have many weaknesses, and no glaringly obvious strengths. He just has excellent footballing sense.

I hope that he gets time to develop. There really are many, many games to play each year, and he will get tired, go on a poor run, or get injured. I worry a little about the England hype, although I have got faith that he will keep his feet on the ground.

Ryan Mason is the weird one. We really have been waiting years for him, but thought his chance had completely gone. The next one we're waiting for is Alex Pritchard.