The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Surely the manager decides before the game who should take penalties, and the players should stick with it. It amazes me when I see professionals grab hold of the ball and argue like kids over who should get the chance.

In other sports, the captain should intervene in that situation, but captains in football don't seem to have that kind of authority.

It's just fucking awkward. I imagine at that moment no one is prepared for that shit, and wants to start arguing with a team mate on the pitch.

The guy has to be yanked at half time he's a complete moron. So much worse when the team's regular pen taker has only ever missed one.

Surely the manager decides before the game who should take penalties, and the players should stick with it. It amazes me when I see professionals grab hold of the ball and argue like kids over who should get the chance.

In other sports, the captain should intervene in that situation, but captains in football don't seem to have that kind of authority.

that's a great point, I can just imagine what Martin Johnson would have done if someone took the ball off Johnny wilkinson