The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Veratti is great, proper all rounder.

Agree. One of the best in his position. Very underrated, a bit like Matuidi. Underrated I mean if you consider all the hype about Matic and co..

Matic is absolute quality.

Matic is quality like,  I prefer Veratti just out of personal preference for his sort of player I guess.

Veratti is unreal too. A player I would love for us to sign. Expensive man now.

Veratti is great, proper all rounder.

Agree. One of the best in his position. Very underrated, a bit like Matuidi. Underrated I mean if you consider all the hype about Matic and co..

Matic is absolute quality.

He is. But so is Verratti. Matic is also very one-footed. But great players both though

Veratti was absolutely amazing (despite that challenge). Good result for Chelsea, but PSG were very good today in the second half and were unlucky not to win. Their midfield bossed it completely, not a chance created by Eden or Cesc and Diego Costa was nullified by the CBs. Zlatan lost one header all game I think and Courtois is amazing.

More Premiership teams should try to take on Fabregas in the same fashion. Close him down quick and hard, he doesn't possess the feet to escape.

Yeah, that was one of his problems in La Liga. He was vulnerable to being closed down since he doesn't have the dribbling ability of Xavi or Iniesta to get out of a tight space, for example.

More Premiership teams should try to take on Fabregas in the same fashion. Close him down quick and hard, he doesn't possess the feet to escape.

Yeah, that was one of his problems in La Liga. He was vulnerable to being closed down since he doesn't have the dribbling ability of Xavi or Iniesta to get out of a tight space, for example.

David Luiz didn't give him a second to turn and Matuidi and Veratti were absolutely amazing in closing down both him and Hazard as well. Perfect game from that midfield.

Veratti was absolutely amazing (despite that challenge). Good result for Chelsea, but PSG were very good today in the second half and were unlucky not to win. Their midfield bossed it completely, not a chance created by Eden or Cesc and Diego Costa was nullified by the CBs. Zlatan lost one header all game I think and Courtois is amazing.

Pretty much a perfect midfield performance from him imo, the tackle aside.

:thup: That little dribble to get the freekick in the first half was amazing.

Ivanovic is such a crap defender btw, almost everything came down his side and Ramires and Matic were the ones trying to block the crosses :lol:

Not the only time I have noticed it either before anyone claims it was an off night.

He's definitely not crap. He's not the best defender, but for a right-back he defends well considering the amount of shit fullbacks in the world at the moment.

Ivanovic is such a crap defender btw, almost everything came down his side and Ramires and Matic were the ones trying to block the crosses :lol:

Not the only time I have noticed it either before anyone claims it was an off night.

He's definitely not crap. He's not the best defender, but for a right-back he defends well considering the amount of s*** fullbacks in the world at the moment.

I'm sorry but if you are a RB and almost never in position when the opposition attacks then that's crap defending.

I don't care about the other FBs, that's irrelevant tbh.

He's definitely not crap. He's not the best defender, but for a right-back he defends well considering the amount of s*** fullbacks in the world at the moment.

I'm sorry but if you are a RB and almost never in position when the opposition attacks then that's crap defending.

I don't care about the other FBs, that's irrelevant tbh.

I have another opinion on how a fullback should play ;) I like Ivanovic, strong in the air, doesn't let many get past him one on one and good going forward. Sure positioning he's not great, also why he's not a good CB in my opinion. But think calling his defending crap harsh.

Courtois save at the end from Ibra was good but Ibra did make it easy for him. Heading it down so it bounces to a comfortable height, if he heads it low but not into the ground not a chance in hell he saves it.

Bouncing balls are difficult. Ibra did everything right, he was just unlucky to not get enough pace on it.

Chelsea don't even attack and still David Luiz manages to give them the tie with some toss defending. Impressive.

I hate him as much as anyone, but I think that's being a bit harsh on him :lol: No one could have expected that that was coming.