The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Chelsea don't even attack and still David Luiz manages to give them the tie with some toss defending. Impressive.

I hate him as much as anyone, but I think that's being a bit harsh on him :lol: No one could have expected that that was coming.

Definitely looking for a bite from me. Luiz was very good today, still think they'll improve with moving Motta in and him out. I just hope they don't put Marquinhos on the bench again. He's an absolute beast considering his age. So composed.

Is it Flip with the theory Ivanovic is getting all Willian's assists and goals while Willian does the dirty work?

Nah, it's my theory Willians talents is being wasted to cover Ivanovic, but that is down to tactics. I've seen Dani Alves play right wing with Messi and Neymar and no one covering for him. All down to the manager :thup:

Courtois save at the end from Ibra was good but Ibra did make it easy for him. Heading it down so it bounces to a comfortable height, if he heads it low but not into the ground not a chance in hell he saves it.

Bouncing balls are difficult. Ibra did everything right, he was just unlucky to not get enough pace on it.

The bounce is exactly why it was saved, it bounced to a comfortable height. If he heads it low but without the bounce it's a lot more to difficult to save IMO.

Not surprising from a club who still had John 'racist' Terry as captain.

Edit: Oh and whose fans also made monkey gestures towards Welbeck. You'd think they'd of moved on from their terrible racism issues of the past, I mean, its 2015 ffs.

Courtois save at the end from Ibra was good but Ibra did make it easy for him. Heading it down so it bounces to a comfortable height, if he heads it low but not into the ground not a chance in hell he saves it.

Bouncing balls are difficult. Ibra did everything right, he was just unlucky to not get enough pace on it.

The bounce is exactly why it was saved, it bounced to a comfortable height. If he heads it low but without the bounce it's a lot more to difficult to save IMO.

I understand where you're coming from, but I being completely honest here. The best thing a striker can do with a header is to bounce it off the grass, it's much less predictable. He was unlucky to have such a good keeper in front of him and maybe the bounce was a bit too early so the ball lost pace. But heading it low could've easily rendered in the same thing here with him saving with his feet which he did on an earlier shot from Zlatan. Courtois was just great last night and I don't think you can blame Zlatan for it there.

If anyone wants to see probably the worst player ratings given by a journalist in recent times, please proceed to see Psg v Chelsea player ratings on guardian. Was the person even watching the game?

Lucas Silva starting for Real Madrid. Really hope he succeeds. We're in big lack of a midfielder for the NT. Don't think he is good enough yet, but clearly has talent and I see him as a better prospect than Illarramendi.