The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Neymar was too selfless last season, and sometimes he's too selfish in this one. He'll get the balance right in time I guess.

Would you rather Espanyol or Atheltic in the final?

Espanyol obviously. The city would be buzzing.

I'm NOT going to cheer for them now, though, that's too big an ask!

Everton have won like 1 league game in 15 and still not fully threatened by relegation. Speaks volume of the quality of teams below them.

I really like Burnley. Such a spirited team and Dyche is among the much better managers of this league. Will be a shame if they go down.

Henderson's goal and assist were fantastic.

side note, Stoke will be massively ruing losing home games to Burnley and Leicester earlier this season. Had they won those two, they'd be right in thick of a top 4 challenge  :lol:

just look at us for this season and last, barely did anything this season other than what a 6 game run, took 6 months off last season (after spending absolutely 0 in the transfer market for a season) yet not even remotely near relegation last season and fairly improbable this season. Somehow despite everyone getting loads more cash its leading to drastically worse quality across the league, how the fuck is that possible.

Guest neesy111

Rodgers has proved his worth more this season IMO, to change a system quite radically and be the best team over a 11 week period shows a very good manager IMO.

Guest neesy111

Everton have won like 1 league game in 15 and still not fully threatened by relegation. Speaks volume of the quality of teams below them.

I really like Burnley. Such a spirited team and Dyche is among the much better managers of this league. Will be a shame if they go down.

Henderson's goal and assist were fantastic.

side note, Stoke will be massively ruing losing home games to Burnley and Leicester earlier this season. Had they won those two, they'd be right in thick of a top 4 challenge  :lol:

just look at us for this season and last, barely did anything this season other than what a 6 game run, took 6 months off last season (after spending absolutely 0 in the transfer market for a season) yet not even remotely near relegation last season and fairly improbable this season. Somehow despite everyone getting loads more cash its leading to drastically worse quality across the league, how the fuck is that possible.

Quite easy, the pool of footballers available is worse.

Guest neesy111

Neymar surpassed Romario today in goals scored for Barça (41). Needs 6 goals to catch Fat Ronaldo (47) and become our third most prolific Brazilian, behind Ronaldinho (69) and Rivaldo (130).

Ronaldo's record is amazing.

Neymar surpassed Romario today in goals scored for Barça (41). Needs 6 goals to catch Fat Ronaldo (47) and become our third most prolific Brazilian, behind Ronaldinho (69) and Rivaldo (130).

Flip incoming...

Best player I have seen in our shirt until the short Argie came along. 47 goals in a single season at 20 years of age...

Flip incoming...

Post was partly intended as Flip bait, indeed.

Flip incoming...

Neymar has absolutely nothing on the guys mentioned tbh. Nothing, nada and probably never will.

He's still a damn good forward, though, and I can see him having a steadier career than both Ro's. He's certainly more professional than Ronaldinho,  and hopefully he won't have Ronaldo's issues.

I agree he's not nearly as brilliant as any of them.

He's still a damn good forward, though, and I can see him having a steadier career than both Ro's. He's certainly more professional than Ronaldinho,  and hopefully he won't have Ronaldo's issues.

I agree he's not nearly as brilliant as any of them.

He's a very good forward no doubt, and if he can keep himself fit he could have a very very good career maybe a golden ball at some point. But he'll need to win a World Cup before he's named in the same breath as the other guys. The Fat Ronaldo was done by his knee, otherwise I don't think we'd mention any other player ever as a better #9 than him. (Messi as a false-9 isn't a real #9 ;) )

Best player I have seen in our shirt until the short Argie came along. 47 goals in a single season at 20 years of age...

The footage of this is absolutely hilarious  ;D

"..Having received the ball inside his own half, he evaded a cynical tackle of the first opponent with a drag back, before running away from another and ran towards goal where he went past two more defenders in the box with close ball control, and then slotted the ball into the bottom corner of the net. The camera then cut to Barcelona manager Bobby Robson who had got up off the bench and clasped his head in disbelief at what he had seen.."