The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Good reffing that, was canny play by Sanchez - knew what he was doing.

Players should be allowed to hit the ground in the box without receiving a yellow card. There was contact, the player fell, it isn't a penalty, so play on. I heavily dislike the yellow for anything other than dives with no contact.

Players should be allowed to hit the ground in the box without receiving a yellow card. There was contact, the player fell, it isn't a penalty, so play on. I heavily dislike the yellow for anything other than dives with no contact.

Didn't he grab the ball with his hands as well though?

Didn't he grab the ball with his hands as well though?

I assumed the yellow was for the dive, I don't have the game in a language I understand, anyway, so it is hard for me to tell. If for a handball, apologies to the ref.

On the Sanchez booking, I think he's definitely a diver, but I don't think that was a yellow. Actually think it was a pen. Clumsy running into the back of the player IMO. Not vicious but technically an infringement in the area.