Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

Guest bimpy474

We've lacked a proper goal scoring midfielder for ages. Cabaye got a few but his natural game is much deeper.

Shame we didn't get him in while Cabaye was actually at the club....

Exactly, all this talk about Champions League, building towards it. If that was the case, De Jong, Riviere etc would have been bought last season. The crap is so transparent.

Guest Haris Vuckic

As much as it pains me to say it, the captain of the current bunch should probably be Tiote.

I think De Jong is a natural captain but Tiote certainly played well with the armband on.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The fact he captained an ever changing & fairly unstable Ajax side to two titles. Just a hunch.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aye mate I've never watched Ajax, or read Brilliant Orange or watched a world famous player score 3 goals past Manchester City in the champions league, He's not exactly been picked from the Algerian 4th division mate.

Aye mate I've never watched Ajax, or read Brilliant Orange or watched a world famous player score 3 goals past Manchester City in the champions league, He's not exactly been picked from the Algerian 4th division mate.

I'm not your mate. You're still being sketchy about how much you've actually seen the lad play. Still, is you're wearing black pants and brown shoes you'll do for me.

I'm not your mate. You're still being sketchy about how much you've actually seen the lad play. Still, is you're wearing black pants and brown shoes you'll do for me.

http://i.imgur.com/RRiz3.gif

I just watched the youtube video for this guy, and first of all I have to say he looks well qualified to be captain, but beyond that the fella can really score a canny goal, seems to be an excellent technical finisher so I am excited about that. He never missed once on the whole video  :whistle:.

I can't even tell if I'm being sarcastic there, but either way I'm looking forward to watching him play.

Does it make anyone else nervous that we now have three players who prefer to wear the #10 shirt? Really hoping we don't have another Ba/Cisse situation on our hands, and that we can find a way to fit them all into the same lineup effectively.

We've lacked a proper goal scoring midfielder for ages. Cabaye got a few but his natural game is much deeper.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2278977/kevin-nolan-duck-dance-o.gif

It's been a while since Nolan was here, but he is the type of player I was referring to, although hopefully De Jong is a bit more mobile.

Even if de Jong would be a catatonic he'd still be more mobile. Still agree with your point. Colback, Anita, Sissoko and Tiote won't have more than five goals between them this season.