Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

If he doesn't start scoring I can see the fans turning on him because he's not quick, tricky, nor blindingly quick.

He was constantly asking for the ball in the first half but unfortunately Gouffran, Colback and Sissoko seemed to be under orders only to pass it sideways or backwards.

He needs the ball at feet, but let it be noted that he runs less than Ben Arfa.

He looks like a good player but he's not going to fit into our team and the tactics that we use.

That's a big problem when the formation NUFC are playing is specifically set up to accommodate him as the number 10 behind the striker.

If he doesn't start scoring I can see the fans turning on him because he's not quick, tricky, nor blindingly quick.

He was constantly asking for the ball in the first half but unfortunately Gouffran, Colback and Sissoko seemed to be under orders only to pass it sideways or backwards.

:thup:

Due to the way we play I think he'll struggle to score too, all we do is pass it sideways and backwards we don't get to the byline anywhere near often enough.

:thup:

Due to the way we play I think he'll struggle to score too, all we do is pass it sideways and backwards we don't get to the byline anywhere near often enough.

Wouldn't be surprised. I think he's decent though but as seems to be the case he's been bought for the wrong reasons ie. cheaper than he should be rather than fitting any wider plan.

On the evidence of just one game, he doesn't seem to get himself involved enough in the game as a midfielder, you need more from a number 10 than he offered, didn't help the other midfielders out at all from a defensive stand point. I'm not sure on this evidence if he really has a position he can play in, in this league. He's not a striker and not really a midfielder.

Hopefully this is just a little rustiness from missing so much of pre season and he gets better, he looks decent when he gets on the ball but doesn't get on it enough.

On the evidence of just one game, he doesn't seem to get himself involved enough in the game as a midfielder, you need more from a number 10 than he offered, didn't help the other midfielders out at all from a defensive stand point. I'm not sure on this evidence if he really has a position he can play in, in this league. He's not a striker and not really a midfielder.

Hopefully this is just a little rustiness from missing so much of pre season and he gets better, he looks decent when he gets on the ball but doesn't get on it enough.

That'll be because nee cunt would pass it to him. He was asking for it every time he didn't have it in the first with little or no joy. Looking at the stats he had by far the fewest touches of the ball on the field. (Half the amount Gouffran had)

That would be because most of their team mates are either alongside them or behind them.