Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

De Jong seems to play in the style of German midfielders, strong, good running and decent in the air. I really like the look of him and think he'll be a hit in English football. This could turn out to be a very smart piece of business, he looks a lot better technically than I was led to believe.

We've lacked a proper goal scoring midfielder for ages. Cabaye got a few but his natural game is much deeper.

Shame we didn't get him in while Cabaye was actually at the club....

Exactly, all this talk about Champions League, building towards it. If that was the case, De Jong, Riviere etc would have been bought last season. The crap is so transparent.

If there was any real intention of going for a CL place, we would have had a genuine proven goal-scorer signed by now as well as a PL standard CB....maybe even 2 as Colo is getting past it now.

Even then, we would be light up front if we had injury to the main man.

The current squad will struggle to score more than 1 a game, if that.

Guest bimpy474

We've lacked a proper goal scoring midfielder for ages. Cabaye got a few but his natural game is much deeper.

Shame we didn't get him in while Cabaye was actually at the club....

Exactly, all this talk about Champions League, building towards it. If that was the case, De Jong, Riviere etc would have been bought last season. The crap is so transparent.

If there was any real intention of going for a CL place, we would have had a genuine proven goal-scorer signed by now as well as a PL standard CB....maybe even 2 as Colo is getting past it now.

Even then, we would be light up front if we had injury to the main man.

The current squad will struggle to score more than 1 a game, if that.

Of course there isn't any intention of doing anything but indicating there is, chucked in with new players despite us actually having spent fuck all net wise. It'll convince those who are easily fooled. It's more spin and bullshit from the club and fuckhead greasy snake manager cunt.

I really cannot see a lot of goals in this squad at all...this talk of champions league is nothing short of absolute ridiculous and for these charlatans to spout it is verging on laughable.

Do they honestly think we can finish above Man Utd,spurs,Everton,arsenal,Liverpool...really???

For us to even break into the top 6 would take an investment of pushing 50-60m

Has this bullshit been spun to prospective signings too, so when we finish 13th after losing 15 out of our last 20 games these players will be offski pretty damn quick

I really cannot see a lot of goals in this squad at all...this talk of champions league is nothing short of absolute ridiculous and for these charlatans to spout it is verging on laughable.

Do they honestly think we can finish above Man Utd,spurs,Everton,arsenal,Liverpool...really???

Has this bullshit been spun to prospective signings too, so when we finish 13th after losing 15 out of our last 20 games these players will be offski pretty damn quick

No they know it's stupid but they clearly have taken note of the majority of fans complaining about the lack of ambition.

They also know that a lot of these same people are easily fooled so they've just played the cheapest card to get people back on side.

Think the likes of De Jong and Cabella will help Cisse back in to form. Definitely need another striker tho

That's a real possibility - easy to forget that an in-form Cisse is a top class striker.

Exactly right. Unless someone decent s brought in we will struggle for goals. And, I doubt Janmaat will tighten the same defence into not conceding 3/4 per game.

Think the likes of De Jong and Cabella will help Cisse back in to form. Definitely need another striker tho

Would be good if that happens but Cisse is recovering after knee surgery and it's likely we won't see him until September/October. Once he hits some kind of match fitness, we will head into a crazy December. I rather we not take the risk and bring in another goalscorer instead.

Aside from not having a striker who's guaranteed to score one-in-two, this is the most "goals" we've had in the squad of ages. Refreshing change from nobody in the midfield posing any sort of goal threat.

Aside from not having a striker who's guaranteed to score one-in-two, this is the most "goals" we've had in the squad of ages. Refreshing change from nobody in the midfield posing any sort of goal threat.

:serious:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/e7/17/0,,10278~10164199,00.jpg

http://static.givemefootball.com/gmf/files/4f/4f13165b-7b30-48f4-976b-20c15f0bfc74.634332933574531250.jpg

http://i4.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article1354756.ece/alternates/s615/james-perch-left-and-dan-gosling-get-a-look-at-this-weekend-s-3d-programme-430719123.jpg

:yao:

I still can't get over the fact that we were playing shit, losing a lot of games and were mathematically safe from relegation. Yet the king was giving starts to Shola and Gozza when it was well known they wouldn't be at the club this season. Why the likes of Bigi and Armstrong weren't getting serious game time to develope is beyond me.

I still can't get over the fact that we were playing shit, losing a lot of games and were mathematically safe from relegation. Yet the king was giving starts to Shola and Gozza when it was well known they wouldn't be at the club this season. Why the likes of Bigi and Armstrong weren't getting serious game time to develope is beyond me.

Pardew was likely hoping that both would do enough to convince Ashley and co that they were worthy of new deals.

I still can't get over the fact that we were playing s***, losing a lot of games and were mathematically safe from relegation. Yet the king was giving starts to Shola and Gozza when it was well known they wouldn't be at the club this season. Why the likes of Bigi and Armstrong weren't getting serious game time to develope is beyond me.

Pardew was likely hoping that both would do enough to convince Ashley and co that they were worthy of new deals.

So pathetic. He even tried the three at the back, to give Saylor some games.