Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

Haven't seen any of the other matches before today but from what I've read it seems like we're in desperate need of this bloke being shit-hot from day one.

:thup:

We're gonna need his leadership qualities.

Bet that side today wouldn't be doing so badly if all/some of Williamson, Tiote and De Jong were in there. They're the leaders, Coloccini just happens to have an armband on.

Haven't seen any of the other matches before today but from what I've read it seems like we're in desperate need of this bloke being s***-hot from day one.

Heightens the need for getting Grenier tbh. Really missing creativity through the middle.

So wtf is happening with this guy, it's been weeks now, think in Pardew's first choice team, which was basically today's starting 11 with Tiote for Anita and De Jong for Gouff. He's kinda vital.

So wtf is happening with this guy, it's been weeks now, think in Pardew's first choice team, which was basically today's starting 11 with Tiote for Anita and De Jong for Gouff. He's kinda vital.

we won't ever know because the press aren't allowed to ask them. We just have to wait to be told when they choose to tell us.

Naw no way is this guy not needed in a team that can't hold on to the ball or offer any set piece threat or any leadership on the team. Had the ball been at his feet at top of box versus Sissoko? Hmmm

Rather see Gouffran lose his spot as well, but it raises the problem of where to play him. De Jong plays centrally doesn't he?

Might end up with Sissoko on the wing again :anguish:

I have no problem with keeping Sissoko out wide to accommodate the other central players aslong as we are willing to switch him to the middle like seemed to be done against City. Wouldn't want to drop Colback or Anita after the City performances.