2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Holland are nowhere near as good as Germany like.  Think it'll be cagey as fuck tonight personally.

Aye. I think although their win vs Spain was extraordinary, it's easy to forget they could have been almost down and out at half time in that game, whereas Brazil looked ripe for a pasting from the start yesterday.

Holland are nowhere near as good as Germany like.  Think it'll be cagey as fuck tonight personally.

Yup.

Two relatively poor teams with 3 or 4 magicians sprinkled amongst the 22.

Either way, they won't go down like a bunch of self indulgent cry babies like Brasil did last night, they at least kick their way to a  respectable defeat.

Is RvP definitely out - think Huntelaar may actually be better for Netherlands in this game because of his aerial strength and while RvP has been decent he hasn't been stand out

We don't need arial strength tonight, we need pace on the break.

True but RvP wouldn't offer that either. My thinking was I think Argentina are very susceptible to a set piece and will be liable to concede a lot of FKs in the middle/final third.

You have to laugh at how Germans have been labelled efficient or mechanical down the years. They might not have flair players like Messi or Neymar, but they play really good passing football for the most part. Far more than Brazil have this world cup under Phil Hoofball Scolari.

Kroos was absolutely sublime last night, was like watching a really old school number 10 at times, fabulous awareness and vision and with a range of passing and shooting off both feet to compliment it.

Kroos was absolutely sublime last night, was like watching a really old school number 10 at times, fabulous awareness and vision and with a range of passing and shooting off both feet to compliment it.

In future teams does Gundogan slot in behind him in Bastian/Sami spot in their 11 when fit?

What are peoples thoughts on David Luiz then? He has always had his critics defensivesly and his defensive faults were certainly on show to the world last night... Can't see ever stepping up to be a top class CB to be honest and I don't think he even wants to play there.. DM maybe another matter however.

What are peoples thoughts on David Luiz then? He has always had his critics defensivesly and his defensive faults were certainly on show to the world last night... Can't see ever stepping up to be a top class CB to be honest and I don't think he even wants to play there.. DM maybe another matter however.

Physically and technically he has all the attributes to be a top top player. Mentally, a dung beetle with commitment issues is more suited to playing football at this level than he is at the moment. He still has plenty of time to mature and be coached in the right way.

We don't need arial strength tonight, we need pace on the break.

True but RvP wouldn't offer that either. My thinking was I think Argentina are very susceptible to a set piece and will be liable to concede a lot of FKs in the middle/final third.

If fit Van persie will no doubt play. My point was if he isn't, it's not a given that Huntelaar will replace him. Could be Lens or Depay again.

I still think he's a really good player, but he needs to be alongside an out and out defender like Thiago Siva or Terry. He's had a decent tournament until yesterday, and Brazil were a shambles as a team yesterday, it wasn't just about him.