2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fred quits International football :lol:

For the best really. He would have had to do a hell of a lot to win back the Brazilian fans' support if he had continued playing in the next few years...

Roy Nemer ‏@RoyNemer  37m

News coming out of radio in Argentina that Angel Di Maria will start in place of Enzo Perez. Not confirmed.

Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney  36m

Some speculation among Argentine media that Di Maria starts.

etc, etc.

I think Di Maria starting might end up backfiring Diego Costa style personally, it's such a massive risk with a muscle injury but then again he's a massive boost to their chances. Huge decision for Sabella, especially when Argentina are likely to tire quicker than Germany if it goes the distance.

Result wise I think it's Germany's to lose, think their midfield is just too superior to the Argentines but I genuinely don't know - won't be betting on any results that's for certain.

Why would you take Enzo Perez out, I watched only bits of the semi-final but at home people were talking about how he was probably their best player, van Gaal subbed Martins out because he was having problem with him and Argentinian media are still questioning the decision to bring him off in the game as he was their biggest threat.

Why would you take Enzo Perez out, I watched only bits of the semi-final but at home people were talking about how he was probably their best player, van Gaal subbed Martins out because he was having problem with him and Argentinian media are still questioning the decision to bring him off in the game as he was their biggest threat.

Perez was very good but he is a bit more attack minded than Biglia so maybe they want two players sitting in in midfield at all times

@argen_stats  1m View translation

XI de Argentina: Romero; Zabaleta, Demichelis, Garay, Rojo; Biglia, Mascherano, Perez; Lavezzi, Messi, Higuaín

Both teams unchanged.

Would love Messi to win a World Cup medal so we can move past whatever silly debate exists about him being one of the game's greatest. Germany are a better team though and much more exciting to watch than Argentina. Germany ftw!