Oldham 2-1 Newcastle United - FT

Ashley17

Guest ElCid

What it shows is that a lot of our young/fringe players are just not up to it at the top level as we have seen in past cup games i.e. Brighton

Guest ElCid

What it shows is that a lot of our young/fringe players are just not up to it at the top level as we have seen in past cup games i.e. Brighton

Alright Pards

Trust me have a look at my previous threads and I hate Pardew with a vengeance - just stating a fact the fringe players are not good enough

Alright Pards

Trust me have a look at my previous threads and I hate Pardew with a vengeance - just stating a fact the fringe players are not good enough

They are criminally shit - and have been for a long time - in fairness.

Alright Pards

They are criminally s*** - and have been for a long time - in fairness.

Hard to improve as a player when you are coached by a bunch of fucking donkeys to be fair.

On the other hand Shola had the likes of Bobby, Keegan, Shearer, Bellamy and Kluivert to learn from, and still turned out utter garbage. Think the issue goes a little deeper than that.

Indeed but we both know Shola shouldn't have even made it through the academy.

On the other hand Shola had the likes of Bobby, Keegan, Shearer, Bellamy and Kluivert to learn from, and still turned out utter garbage. Think the issue goes a little deeper than that.

Indeed but we both know Shola shouldn't have even made it through the academy.

Really…?

Guest bimpy474

I know this result and game didn't matter but Pardew is one weird bloke. You would think in game like this he might let the team be expansive and attacking but it's just the same mundane boring stuff as we get in the league.

He's a strange manager, very strange.

I know this result and game didn't matter but Pardew is one weird bloke. You would think in game like this he might let the team be expansive and attacking but it's just the same mundane boring stuff as we get in the league.

I think we can be safe in the knowledge that nothing has or will change while he's here, he's shite and a massive handicap.

Guest bimpy474

I think we can be safe in the knowledge that nothing has or will change while he's here, he's shite and a massive handicap.

Aye but in friendlies you would think experiment, try different things, be more attacking, have more intent. It's quite bizarre he only knows contain and nullify, even in nothing friendlies.

Guest bimpy474

Not sure how expansive and attacking you can be with crap attacking players, like.

You can have 11 total shitters and still have a go, try to attack, try to take the game to someone. We do nothing but contain and sit there.

Better players or not, it a mentality thing and ours is defensive, even in games like these.

I didn't see it, but with the rubbish on the field in that last half hour in particular I'd be surprised if we managed to cross to halfway line without hoofing it - which always results in loss of possession anyway.

Crap men against crap boys = defeat.

Guest bimpy474

I didn't see it, but with the rubbish on the field in that last half hour in particular I'd be surprised if we managed to cross to halfway line without hoofing it - which always results in loss of possession anyway.

Crap men against crap boys = defeat.

You only hoof it if you're not taught to pass it. And we're definitely not taught that. Pardew sets out the play, the philosophy of the team. Those players what ever you think of them are good enough to keep the ball and pass it. We don't because of Pardew, simple as that imo.