John Alder & Liam Sweeney - Memorial Garden unveiled at SJP reception

bowlingcrofty

Social media has many positives, the money raised for the deaths of these two lads wouldn't have been so much without it. But there will always be mongs, that want to spout shit like that to get reactions thinking they can get away with it. Good to see that simply because he is in front of a keyboard, he is not exempt from the law.

Guest firetotheworks

Pretty much that. The problem arises when people tarnish an entire group with the same brush. We know what it's like and every group of fans knows what it's like. What the Sunderland fans and people in general have done in showing their care for others has been brilliant and I'd like to think it would change things.

Read his posts at the time, was obviously loving the attention. Imagine less so now.  His little radgepakcet mates are outraged on twitter, false equivalence everywhere

His sister (I presume) is raging as well.

https://twitter.com/broganchapmanX

peoples just pissing is off today, fuck off all a bunch of hypercritical bastards.

People were canny critical of him like.

Guest Geordiesned

I see that even though he's deleted the offending tweet he's still left a racist one up which he's tweeted since then in which he wishes death on Pakistanis. Hope the police have seen that one.

I absolutely despise Twitter, they get the reaction they want with people telling them to fuck off etc. the only way they will listen is if they get a fucking good hiding. No doubt the lad arrested will be back on Twitter thinking he is Cass Pennant because he got into trouble with the Police. There's a lad I went to school with on Twitter and every Tweet he makes is about us, he was putting Unfunny puns on about Gary Speed last week. He wi be 23 years old and he is fucking obsessed, so so sad. He got smacked at Spurs last season and had to go into the medical room at WHL and he thinks he is nails because of it. Constantly slagging off "Geordies" even though he is from South Tyneside. Such a bellend. Thankfully the way most of their fans have reacted to the death of John and Liam has made me realise these divvies are in the minority.

Guest thenorthumbrian

While his appearances on Match Of The Day attract a wide spectrum of views, when it comes to the important stuff, Alan Shearer always delivers when it comes to Newcastle United.

The legendary number nine has a massive advantage over almost any other past Newcastle stars, when it comes to understanding the minds of United fans, and that is because he is one of us.

alan shearerSpeaking to the Sunday Sun, Barry Sweeney who is the father of Ukrainian air crash victim Liam Sweeney had this to say ;

“When we opened the letter it said among other things, ‘We come from the same sort of family and we support the same team, these words come from the heart’.

“The letter was signed ‘Alan Shearer’.

“Alan Pardew’s also sent nice messages to our family and we have been humbled by all the support we have received.

“I have not been able to thank everybody personally because I have spoken to so many people, but I want everybody to know how grateful we are.

“When I go to our local Morrisons where Liam used to work, I find myself hugging people who are in tears and not the other way around – he was a really well liked lad and loyal toon fan.”

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/alan-shearer-shows-class-always/

While his appearances on Match Of The Day attract a wide spectrum of views, when it comes to the important stuff, Alan Shearer always delivers when it comes to Newcastle United.

The legendary number nine has a massive advantage over almost any other past Newcastle stars, when it comes to understanding the minds of United fans, and that is because he is one of us.

alan shearerSpeaking to the Sunday Sun, Barry Sweeney who is the father of Ukrainian air crash victim Liam Sweeney had this to say ;

“When we opened the letter it said among other things, ‘We come from the same sort of family and we support the same team, these words come from the heart’.

“The letter was signed ‘Alan Shearer’.

“Alan Pardew’s also sent nice messages to our family and we have been humbled by all the support we have received.

“I have not been able to thank everybody personally because I have spoken to so many people, but I want everybody to know how grateful we are.

“When I go to our local Morrisons where Liam used to work, I find myself hugging people who are in tears and not the other way around – he was a really well liked lad and loyal toon fan.”

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/alan-shearer-shows-class-always/

Incredibly moving. Hopefully their bodies will be home very soon so their families and friends can give them the send off they deserve.

Guest firetotheworks

There are a lot of good things happening at the moment that reignite my belief in humanity. This is one of them. It's really touching.