John Alder & Liam Sweeney - Memorial Garden unveiled at SJP reception

bowlingcrofty

From where I'm sitting I can see everyone at reception. Don't take this as a definite, but there's a Steve Wraith looking man there dressed as the vicar...

That'll be Glyn, the vicar from St Andrew's. Absolutely top fella. :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

The whole 17 minutes thing has been a bit OTT for me from the off. Fans die all the time, yes they died in awful and tragic circumstances, but this isn't a Hillsborough thing. I'm going to hell I know...

TBH I think the whole 17th minute thing has been observed as a notion that it's all we have to cling on to at present. I too think it's served it's time now to a point.

I don't see what harm there is in singing things like "John and Liams Black and White army" spontaneously though on the flip side.

It's a mixed bag. People hate us singing about our past players and managers too as if it's embarrassing. Never understood that. We should celebrate everything worth celebrating as winning trophies isn't on the agenda, evidently. Whether we fucking try or not.

Top and bottom of it is that it could have been any of us, but why should that be different to two lads dying in a car crash on their way to a game, or whatever...

Admirable reaction from the club, and throughout the family has been unbelievably dignified. Fair play to them now in calling for closure.

Hopefully the video of the separatists/Russians released over the last few days helps the enquiry in bringing some sort of justice for everyone involved somewhere down the line.

The whole 17 minutes thing has been a bit OTT for me from the off. Fans die all the time, yes they died in awful and tragic circumstances, but this isn't a Hillsborough thing. I'm going to hell I know...

I know what you mean. I think it was a nice touch but it's time to put it to bed now.

Tbf, they've provided a Memorial Garden at SJP. I think gestures like last year manager & captain putting wreaths on their empty seats in New Zealand, the season-long minute applause, the garden. The club has acted brilliantly throughout it all. Time for the fans now imo on this occasion to follow the wishes of those close to both concerned, and let the guys rest in peace.

Guest Howaythetoon

As fans, I've got a lot of respect for the mackems. Rivalry and piss taking aside, they are loyal and deserve so much better as we do. I'd fucking love to see us and them fighting it out every season for top honours like.

As fans, I've got a lot of respect for the mackems. Rivalry and piss taking aside, they are loyal and deserve so much better as we do. I'd fucking love to see us and them fighting it out every season for top honours like.

No

As fans, I've got a lot of respect for the mackems. Rivalry and p*ss taking aside, they are loyal and deserve so much better as we do. I'd f***ing love to see us and them fighting it out every season for top honours like.

No

Can't be respecting mackems like.

I'd love to see them in the Northern League tbh.

• 2 months later...

Just seen the presentation of the dutch investigation on sky news. Confirmed their findings that it was a missile, which detonated outside the plane, firing shards of metal into the cockpit, ripping the cockpit off and downing the plane

CRMc2AeWwAAFNXP.png