Lockwood Cup

Bowie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Did someone say there was a trophy place down the Bigg Market? I work round there so could get a quote if so.

Yes, but the bloke was incredibly unreliable in my mate's experience. Just a heads up.

We haven't decided the venue. :lol:

We haven't decided the date even! :lol:

As a suggestion if we are going for the Saturday 18th then I'd recommend maybe booking a pitch for 2hrs 10am-12... 4 squads (size depending on final numbers and have 6 x 20min games

A v B

B v D

A v C

B v D

A V D

B v C

Winner gets the cup although the purists might want to call it the Lockwood League :lol:

If you all do decided on Soccerdome its £35 per hour for a pitch (that's £70 in total Neesy as i know your math has been a bit off of late :lol: ) on a Saturday morning and they have availability for that morning... I briefly mentioned the occasion and they said they can get a cup made also but it is a national supplier but i didn't go much further with it as it might be nice like someone mentioned to get something done local...

Here is the links and see this as my contribution for now...

http://www.powerleague.co.uk/5-a-side/north-england/north-shields-soccerdome

http://planetsportsandtrophies.co.uk

Soccerdome will be best if we are playing in-doors.  Out-doors theres better venues closer to city centre imo.

End of the day I'm happy to go with the flow and my suggestion was only based on availability and near a Metro/Tyne Tunnel and free parking so don't let me sway anyone (as Royal Quays is the furthest for me to travel and personally I hate the size of the GK zones! :lol: )... Gateshead obviously has the Stadium (outdoor) and Leisure Centre (indoor) and there is also a canny place on Westgate road (outdoor) and there is Eldon Square itself (indoor) but i wouldn't be confident on their availability for a 2hr slot due to never attending them at that time of day and their general popularity as some are multipurpose pitches...

I strongly suggest some exceptionally anal very organized human takes control of this and does the whole event justice. Probably someone who doesn't even play so they can control events on the day. And soon. These timescales are pretty short if you want a day long tournament with a bunch of teams.

I'm more than happy to help but I don't have the first clue about organising a football tournament. One of the regular reds v blues/NOFC people would probably be best as the Apprentice-style Project Manager.

:lol:

I'm too detached at the moment and the time difference is a bit of a nightmare. It's simple enough though. It'll just snowball into a plan once you've got a solid list of participants, that's the most important thing. You can confidently pick dates and a venue once you know there's absolutely no doubt you'll have enough people for the event. This is why I established a list of names in the o.p before the idea was even finalised; it always went smoothly after that. I'm certain that there's no shortage of people wanting to honour Jon, obviously.

I wouldn't bother voting on stuff, personally - re dates/venue. You'll never get a majority agreement when there's 25/30 people with 25/30 different situations. So it's better to have people sort themselves out around one date. Seems a tad harsh, I know, but being a bit ruthless like that with certain parts of the organising usually works out in the long run.

By the by, I'm not up to date with any plans you've made so far, I don't mean to tell anyone how to suck eggs - that's just the way we did it for the last two R/Bs. :thup:

We should actually sort this out :lol:

I've put what seems to be the consensus so far into TaylorJ's template, we need a venue and a list of those who will be playing.

Saturday Oct 18

Morning - Lockwood Cup at soccerdome/powerleague or Gateshead Stadium?

Afternoon - Newcastle game v Leicester (KO 15:00)

Night - Dinner/drinks

Sunday Oct 19

Morning - Be hungover

Afternoon - Watch other games

Night - Home

The best venue/setup suggestion (only detailed one)...

As a suggestion if we are going for the Saturday 18th then I'd recommend maybe booking a pitch for 2hrs 10am-12... 4 squads (size depending on final numbers and have 6 x 20min games

A v B

B v D

A v C

B v D

A V D

B v C

Winner gets the cup although the purists might want to call it the Lockwood League :lol:

If you all do decided on Soccerdome its £35 per hour for a pitch (that's £70 in total Neesy as i know your math has been a bit off of late :lol: ) on a Saturday morning and they have availability for that morning... I briefly mentioned the occasion and they said they can get a cup made also but it is a national supplier but i didn't go much further with it as it might be nice like someone mentioned to get something done local...

Here is the links and see this as my contribution for now...

http://www.powerleague.co.uk/5-a-side/north-england/north-shields-soccerdome

http://planetsportsandtrophies.co.uk