Starting XI

Beren

Santon has had 3 seasons in our first team and not improved one bit. Furthermore, leftbacks should be left footed, sick of seeing him spack up a clearance down the line because he doesn't know what his left foot is supposed to do.

Santon has had 3 seasons in our first team and not improved one bit. Furthermore, leftbacks should be left footed

That's all nonsense.

The guy is a complete liability defensively who doesn't position himself well and switches off far too often when someone makes a run from behind him. Furthermore, as we don't have a line hugging left winger the width needs to come from the left back, which exposes Santon's reluctance to both hit the byline and cross with his left foot.

Haidara is very raw, but he's naturally stronger, quicker, a better defender and also happens to be left footed.

Haidara's place to lose IMO. Dummet isn't good enough at this level while santon has hit a brick wall some time ago and can't seem to make that next big leap in his development. Haidara isn't as good now, but I think a full season as first choice and by the end of it no one will want santon back in the team.

I like santon, hope it doesn't pan out like that but we need a stronger player back there and he's shown nothing to suggest its him or it will be him anytime soon.

Santon has had 3 seasons in our first team and not improved one bit. Furthermore, leftbacks should be left footed

That's all nonsense.

The guy is a complete liability defensively who doesn't position himself well and switches off far too often when someone makes a run from behind him. Furthermore, as we don't have a line hugging left winger the width needs to come from the left back, which exposes Santon's reluctance to both hit the byline and cross with his left foot.

Haidara is very raw, but he's naturally stronger, quicker, a better defender and also happens to be left footed.

O0

Haidara gets a few months to earn the spot. The kid has barely played any Premier League games, certainly not enough for some of the bullshit descriptions placed against him by some in this thread.

Was absolutely criminal when we were playing Ba and Papiss up front having a left back incapable of putting the ball into the box. Having a right footed left back has strengths and weaknesses, but it was such a clear flaw in our side in recent seasons purely based on the the personnel up front and the type of football we have played over the last few seasons.

Krul

Janmaat    Williamson  Mbiwa  Santon

Anita          Sissoko

HBA                  de Jong          Cabella

Cisse/Riviere

Would love to watch that side play.

The competition between Haidara and Santon might just raise both of their games a little and provide us with adequate cover. I have always complained about Santon's lack of interest in tracking back and covering ground after forays up the field, Haidara at least puts the effort in...

The competition between Haidara and Santon might just raise both of their games a little and provide us with adequate cover. I have always complained about Santon's lack of interest in tracking back and covering ground after forays up the field, Haidara at least puts the effort in...

Competition between Haidara and Santon -> Dummett starts. :yao:

my starting XI:

-------------------Krul--------------------

Janmaat----Willo-------Colo--------MYM

------------Sissoko-----Anita----------

-Cabella---------De Jong---------Aarons

-------------Riviere----------------

Pardle's:

---------------Krul-------------------

Janmaat----Willo --Colo-----Haidara

-----------Tiote----Colback----------

Sissoko--------De Jong-------Cabella

------------Riviere---------------

*My only complaint is for us not to have signed a decent CB, think his thinking is that Curtis Good and Lascelles will do as back up...

my starting XI:

Pardle's:

*My only complaint is for us not to have signed a decent CB, think his thinking is that Curtis Good and Lascelles will do as back up...

I don't think Lascelles can be recalled from loan this year, so that'd rule him out.

And the 'Pou at LB? Have you no mercy?

my starting XI:

Pardle's:

I don't think Lascelles can be recalled from loan this year, so that'd rule him out.

And the 'Pou at LB? Have you no mercy?

Actually think he has played his best football for us at left back, as centre back he looks far too lightweight, specially in the air...

Krul                   

Williamson          Coloccini

Janmaat                                              Haidara

Tiote            Colback

Sissoko                                                Cabella

de Jong

Riviere

Swap Haidara for Dummett and I think you've got it.

Doubt it, Haidara has started nearly every pre season game while Dummett has been getting minutes here and there.

:lol: Mike 1 - Woj 0

Everyone loses.

Well done, Mike, you came up with the shittest Pardew like line up.  I hope you're very proud of yourself.

:lol: I am! I feel like Jodie Foster looking at the crazy motherfucker behind the glass. I've got him fucking sussed.