Africa 'Copa' of Nations 2015 - Ivory Coast Champions

Toon Hoser

Sorry, TCD, I know the feeling very well. Another wild shootout involving Cote D'Ivoire. Barry's "injuries" the highlight. :lol: I am happy for them, though it is typical of the "golden generation" that they've backed into the title in a slightly ridiculous way.

Ghana are the new Nigeria. They come close every single tournament and fail at the final (or semi-fnal) hurdle every single time. It is Ghana we are talking about, so I don't mind, but they surely deserve a trophy.

Got to love that Bazza. Absolutely hilarious.

He is. :lol:

Still so typical of football in 2015 (or at least my experience of it) that the diving t*** keeper wins, and worse still, is the hero. :anguish:

Was he diving? What incentive does he have to dive? :lol: It made no sense.

It was f***ing loony. :lol: When he hurt his hand after he saved the Razak penalty was best - presumably to pysche out the next penalty taker - him :lol:

Was cramps in his legs though wasn't it? He was just holding his hands right?

Hurts a bit to see Dede crying like that. One of my favourite players in the world, and a real leader too. Carries his father's name with pride for club and country.

Renard is a brilliant manager, btw. Despite getting relegated with Sochuax last year he did well in France and is a magician in Africa. It will never happen, but I would love to see him take over NUFC in the summer, or Nigeria, or both.

Also, this is Sammy Kuffour having his hair shaved on South African television because of the loss:

twitt.jpg?w=599

http://www.leral.net/photo/art/grande/7443980-11472228.jpg?v=1423486854

Two heroes, tbh.

Atsu looks delighted with that POTT trophy

It is a little annoying that the player of the tournament is yet again another one at Chelsea with no hope of making it there besides joining the loan brigade. :lol:

Memorable finish to an eventful tourney. 

See you all in Host country TBA in 2017.  :thup:

:lol: Yeah, the Libya idea didn't work so well.

I always thought Atsu was useless but boy when he drives at defenders it is something. He'll never make it at Chelsea obviously but I hope he can become a very useful player.

Useless? He's shown nothing ever to suggest he's useless :lol: very talented player and very exciting. Hope he moves from Chelsea before he gets wing-backed.

I always thought Atsu was useless but boy when he drives at defenders it is something. He'll never make it at Chelsea obviously but I hope he can become a very useful player.

Useless? He's shown nothing ever to suggest he's useless :lol: very talented player and very exciting. Hope he moves from Chelsea before he gets wing-backed.

I've seen him in the last few years for Ghana's first team and he's never impressed me.

Atsu reminds me of Moses in many ways. Good pace, great dribbler, creative, very direct, but lacking consistent quality in the final ball and not particularly intelligent at all. Even their careers are similar as Atsu's miserable time at Everton mirrors Victor's failure at Liverpool. Both players are underachieving at club level, imo. Atsu left Porto too early and will now face a crossroads in his career during the close season.