Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 17/08/14 - Post-match reaction from page 34

BlueStar

I know, I know.

I don't want the first game of the season to be doom and gloom. :lol:

Give me ten games of hope then I'm good.

:lol: Total, or in a row?

If you're asking for 10 in a row, you're gonna starve to goddamn death.

:lol: Even if you want that out of 38, I feel like you might pull a hammy before the finish line.

People at work think we can finish 5th based on this performance....

Of course they do, they'll be singing happily for Pardew to give them a wave against Villa until we go 1-0 down.

I can't understand the reaction of most the NUFC fans I've spoken to after yesterday's defeat. People saying it was a really good performance and we were unlucky. From where I was sat it looked to me than Man City were playing in 2nd gear and we still couldn't manage a single shot on target in 90 minutes. Personally I thought we gave them a better game up here last season.

I can't understand the reaction of most the NUFC fans I've spoken to after yesterday's defeat. People saying it was a really good performance and we were unlucky. From where I was sat it looked to me than Man City were playing in 2nd gear and we still couldn't manage a single shot on target in 90 minutes. Personally I thought we gave them a better game up here last season.

One thing Ashley has done superbly. The diminishing of expectations over the last seven years has worked to utter perfection.

We didn't roll over, I suppose that's something if you are looking for positives. Never looked remotely like scoring either, but you need numbers in the box for that and it's not the Pardew way.

We didn't roll over, I suppose that's something if you are looking for positives. Never looked remotely like scoring either, but you need numbers in the box for that and it's not the Pardew way.

It's completely untrue to say we never looked like scoring but I felt that if we'd scored, unless we'd equalised in the dying seconds, they could have cranked it up and won it again without too much stress.

It was noticeable there was no booing of the team at the end... Even from the more fickle areas of the ground...

No one's going to boo on the first day of the season.

You obviously weren't there against Charlton for the first home game and Dalglish's last... :lol:

It's completely untrue to say we never looked like scoring but I felt that if we'd scored, unless we'd equalised in the dying seconds, they could have cranked it up and won it again without too much stress.

Did their keeper have to make a save? The only time I thought we were going to score was when Perez had the effort deflected wide. But yeah, City didn't really need to go up a gear.

It was noticeable there was no booing of the team at the end... Even from the more fickle areas of the ground...

No one's going to boo on the first day of the season.

You obviously weren't there against Charlton for the first home game and Dalglish's last... :lol:

I wasn't but to be fair the shit he served up after taking over the squad left by Keegan he deserved it.

We usually play decent against the top teams, but lose in a valiant effort.

The thing with Pardew`s nufc is the matches against teams that we should beat, we are gutless, static and looks afraid to commit when we attack.

So the next few weeks will be interesting, i have absolutely no faith in him getting it right.

We usually play decent against the top teams, but lose in a valiant effort.

The thing with Pardew`s nufc is the matches against teams that we should beat, we are gutless, static and looks afraid to commit when we attack.

So the next few weeks will be interesting, i have absolutely no faith in him getting it right.

He'll get massive kudos from all and sundry if we win a couple of upcoming games, when a) history suggests that he always has a bounce after we've bought a load of new players and b) once again, he's had his bacon saved by Graham Carr because he's been proven totally unable to do his job properly.

Nothing fickle about not wanting to put up with s***.

I'd say it was fickle to do it first game of the season with new players getting used to each other and still getting their fitness and sharpness against the Champions who've bought big again... I'd find it totally acceptable after half a dozen games if nothing has improved with regards to the playing style and results...